News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Jackie O'Brien / 71ChallengeHer could use some prayers right now.

Started by Alaskan_TA, May 12, 2017, 05:59:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

What great news! I hope you have a speedy recovery Jackie!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tan top

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on May 13, 2017, 04:12:12 PM
I had a great visit with Jackie. The surgery (#13 for her, the last one was 13 years ago) went well & hopefully she will never need another one. She is in pain & has not had any good sleep yet, but her spirits remain high. She appreciated knowing that you all care about her.

As far as the medical complications, I am not up on all the terms, so here is the short version, I'll try to get it right;

Her bowel developed a twist which caused a blockage up high in her system. The way her body was behaving, this made her test results appear to show that her gall bladder, pancreas & liver were shutting down.  The surgeon had to remove a lot of scar tissue from her previous 12 surgeries, but she is all back together now.

Her pic line had also become infected, so on top of everything else, she had a blood infection.

Once she heals up she should be able to eat real food again with no need for a pic line any more.

good to hear !!  hope you feel better soon Jackie ,  :cheers: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bakerhillpins

:o :o  I just caught this thread!

Quote from: Dino on May 14, 2017, 07:20:36 PM

x2   The boys and I have you in our thoughts!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

dual fours

Stopped in to see Jackie this afternoon, first time I met her, she's a talkative one :2thumbs:. She's looking to get home this week :2thumbs: :2thumbs:.
It's hard to get any rest in that place, just about the time she falls asleep Hospital staff personnel comes in to check on her.

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

TruckDriver

Happy the surgery went well Jackie! Get well soon!!!

(Thought I answered this the first time I read this. Sorry about that)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69rtse4spd

Alaskan-TA all I need to know is when & the gift card is in the mail. :2thumbs:. Tried to send you a P.M. but it said you blocked it, anyway got a 340 center carb for sale if you or you know of anyone. Wish her a speedy recovery.   

Charger_Fan

I just spotted this thread today, or I would have posted sooner. :icon_smile_blackeye:

Man, this is GREAT news to hear! It sounds like the situation was getting pretty bleak there for a while, I'm glad to hear that the doctor (and crew) figured it out & was able to operate in time. Here's hoping Jackie has a speedy recovery, and a long life ahead! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Alaskan_TA

I have PMs blocked from everyone, with all the email I get, it is hard enough to stay on top of that - so nothing personal. ;-)  If you click on my username at left, you can email me.

I talked to Shelby last night, all was well & it sounds like Jackie will be in the hospital all this week.

With her fragile nature, they are keeping a very close eye on her.

Alaskan_TA

Old Moparz

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on May 16, 2017, 05:56:25 PM
I have PMs blocked from everyone, with all the email I get, it is hard enough to stay on top of that - so nothing personal. ;-)  If you click on my username at left, you can email me.

I talked to Shelby last night, all was well & it sounds like Jackie will be in the hospital all this week.

With her fragile nature, they are keeping a very close eye on her.

:2thumbs:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

djcarguy

get better and God Bless.     DJ   :2thumbs:

hemi-hampton

AKcharger

Alaskan_TA

Update, but no real news. Shelby is getting conflicting information from Jackie's doctors, so it is frustrating.

They have removed the pic line from her neck, but they are not letting her eat on her own yet? That seems odd for sure.

I'll update again when I know more.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

djcarguy

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on May 21, 2017, 05:47:16 PM
Update, but no real news. Shelby is getting conflicting information from Jackie's doctors, so it is frustrating.

They have removed the pic line from her neck, but they are not letting her eat on her own yet? That seems odd for sure.

I'll update again when I know more.
:icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :icon_smile_question: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Another update. Jackie has been home for 2 days now.

She is still resting & in pain, she is exhausted very easily.

With the blood infection we came very close to losing her.

The kitties are very happy to have her home. :-)

She sounds a whole lot better, the 'energy' has come back to her voice.

She is slowly getting her system used to eating again, the hospital from the sounds of it was trying to force too much on her too soon, so she could not keep it all down.

She will be back here to visit & update all of you when her energy level returns. :-)

Jackie is hoping to make the Carlisle show (she has never missed one since they started) but she may not have the energy to be there for all four days this time.

She thanks all of you for your support & so do I.

69wannabe

That sound great!! I am glad to hear she is home a doing good, Hope she get's better and better day by day!!!  :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P