News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vin number decide???

Started by rikubot, May 13, 2017, 10:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikubot

I guess this would be considered a trim question. I have a '69 Charger factory 383 car with no build sheet or fender tag, and I'm trying to figure out what it was. It has a 440 now and RT and SE badging. Sure it's not an RT by the vin, but I think it may have been an SE because the sail panel doesn't look like it has the second hole drilled for the "charger" emblem. If you guys can think of anything, let me know. I can post my vin if it is helpful...
'69 Charger, 440/727

richRTSE

Your vin will start XS if it is an RT....but only engine options for an RT are 440 or 426....SE option would be A47 on fender tag or build sheet, which you said you don't have ...SE would have wood grain dash,leather seats, SE emblems...all stuff that could have been added by previous owners... :shruggy:

rikubot

That's kinda what I figured. I did hear you can ask some old Chrysler dude may be able to find out more but I'll keep researching.
'69 Charger, 440/727