News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

15" steel wheels

Started by Vcodesuperbee, May 13, 2017, 01:13:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vcodesuperbee

I just purchased a 1970 Superbee and am considering body colored steel wheels with poverty caps over rallye wheels.  If I do go with steel wheels I would like to go with 15's.  My question is does anyone reproduce a primered wheel?  I found powdercoated wheels but I don't want to deal with that.  If not, where would I find 15's and what car would they come off of?  I'm not sure where to begin looking for them beyond scanning eBay.

TIA!

Charger-Bodie

Find used. They are of much better quality than the repops. Any 15x.... wheels from a c body or whatever will likely do the trick
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

These guys sell used wheels if thats the route you want to go.

http://www.classicchambered.com/classic/wheels.html

I used Wheel Vintiques from Summit racing...no problems

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Vcodesuperbee

Fantastic, thank you for your help!   :2thumbs:

Vcodesuperbee

It looks like running 15x7's all the way around on 235/60's is a good set up and the link below looks like a great option to get what I want while still getting a high quality product for not that much more than repops. 

Has anyone used this company before? 

Also can anyone recommend the backspacing on a 1970 B body with this set up?  I can request a specific backspacing so I'd like to make sure I get the best look and fitment possible.

http://themopardude.com/New_Custom_2.html

Charger-Bodie

The problem that I've seen with the repops is that they seem to be made of soft steel. If the lug nut have to be on and off much the holes get galled easily.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

B5 Charger

What wheel sizes did you go with Just 6T9?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Moparparts

I have 2 15x7 used originals available PM or e-mail if interested