News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Winged 500

Started by Bluestar, April 24, 2006, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluestar

What people would do when these cars weren't worth what they are today.  I saw this one at a show in Dedham, MA at a place called teh Endicott Estate.  I'd say the picture is from about 1986 or so.

69_500

There are still plenty of people who are willing to put a wing on a 500 now. Just that 90% of them are adding a nose cone as well.

Highbanked Hauler

I am almost sure that same car was for sale in the Old Cars magazine about 1981 for  $3500.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

69_500

Looks like its almost R6 red, if it was then that would be a pretty rare color. Or at least of the ones I've seen over the years. Not too many R6 cars that I've noticed.

Bluestar

If I remember it correctly, it was a maroon or cranberry metallic color.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparfied

The Dayclona guys have that car. Its been repianted back to the original color. Back then it had a tunnel ram sixpack set up on it. The wing has been on that car since the late 70s. I saw pictures of it from back in the day,at a local show. They were in a photo album,that was displayed with their cars.

4Q

Does it still have the wing on it?

moparfied

Hey 4Q yeah it still has a wing on it,I think its an original wing too! I asked them about the car,and they said its still around,but its yellow now, They said that was the original color.

69_500

So is that Pete's car then?

moparfied

That really hot lady that I was talking too about the car,said that the guy with the Charger convertible has the car. I said,I hope hes not going to cut the roof off it,she said no hes not,but he did put a Daytona nose on it. If it looks anything like those wingcars they built in should be a hot car. Not as hot as that chick though!

myrt70

I like it in red. That is how most Chargers looked in 1986. Mag wheels,big fat tires,and lots of chrome.
70 Charger R/T

genlee1970

Quote from: 69_500 on May 07, 2006, 11:18:51 AM
So is that Pete's car then?

Yes it is Pete's car. I believe Gary ( G-Series) owned it when those pics were taken.

I don't think it was R4. As I recall, it was a candy apple color.

moparfied

I think youre right about the color 70 GenLee,it looked like a candy apple red in the photos

4Q

Is it a solid car? Is that a Bird wing on it?

nascarxx29

There was a guy Rich M out of california.Back in the day had a daily driver 69 500 with a daytona wing on it
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparfied

I really liked the wing on that red car in the photos. The car was so retro looking. It was jacked way up,and had big wide 50 series tires on the rear. The rear of the car looked massive with the wing on it. Everyone builds them stock,or slammed to the ground with 20 inch Foose wheels these days. This car was the way I remembered hot rodded Chargers when I was a kid.

69_500

Well if it is Pete's car then its a factory Y2 car.

hemigeno

I think 4Q is right - it does look like a 'Bird wing on the car.  Look at the rake of the uprights.  It seems too sloped back for a Daytona to me also.

:scope:

moparfied

The lady said it did have a bird wing on it,and the guy who put it on had cut the front edge of the wingbase to clear the gas cap. That wing was repaired,and sold,and the car now has an original Daytona wing on it. She said that the guy with the 500 bought an original Daytona wing for a grand. Those days are over.

myrt70

I would buy all the original wings I could find for a grand! Daytona or Superbird!
70 Charger R/T