News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

YES,YES,YES

Started by Gary42, April 24, 2006, 10:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary42

I just cannot talk long enough, or thank this site for all this fantastic information and insight into what takes place in building a Daytona clone. I hope to gain just a 1/4 of the knowledge that has been displayed in all your projects before I get too old. Keep up the flow of info, as it am sure that so many people so far has benifited from you all.
Thanks to you all,
Gary
1972 Dodge Charger, Rally edition
2010 Dodge Challenger, Rally package
"Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

- Mark Twain

PocketThunder

Hi Gary,
you are right, you are getting old. :icon_smile_big: 

ahhh, but so am i..... :icon_smile_blackeye:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Howie

Gary, Buy that charger and discover the fountain of youth :icon_smile_tongue:

hotrod98

I think that the dodge charger forum and the aero discussion board in particular have been a great help to the daytona recreation guys. I know that there have been other forums and clubs for the wing cars, but it seems to have come together here on this board for the cloners. Hopefully, by working together, we can get the cost of building a car down to a reasonable level so that more guys will want to take the time to do it.
I had a guy here in town that contacted me recently trying to locate a grille, front bumper and valance for his 69 charger. I mentioned that for a little more money he could build a daytona type car and have something a little different. Now he's even more excited about the car than ever. I know that there are a lot of cars out there missing the front clips. If all else fails, they might be able to get fiberglass fenders and hood and just build a wing car instead. A nice 69 front clip will bring $2500 to $3500 or more these days and they're almost impossible to find. I don't look at the 68-70 chargers that are missing front clips quite the same now. Now I see potential. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Heck Pocket your not getting old at all. I mean shoot your not that much older than I am, and man I'm barely over 21.

Gary42

Funny thing about getting old is some people say that age is only a factor of the mind :icon_smile_shy:, but when you cannot remember the factor then I guess it really don't mind ???. Heck getting old is not so bad after all, at least its a good excuse for me not to get all the projects done my wife has for me around here :icon_smile_big:, you all know how bad the "old" back is getting :yesnod:.

- Mark Twain

nakita7

I too agree. I am looking to build a clone myself and love this board.

Gary, that wouldn't be a 72 Rallye Charger you might be willing to sell, is it?

Gary42

No thanks, I posted a bunch of pictures in the paint/body section of the work presently being done on that car. It is called "impressive body work," but thanks for the offer.
Gary

- Mark Twain