News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger Hood Replacement

Started by eda4031, May 16, 2017, 03:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eda4031

Have been unable to find a NOS or repro steel hood. Just found a fiberglass one from Glastek. Has anyone used these hoods on a 68-70 Charger and were they able to make the turn signals operational?  I spoke with Glastek  and was told any competent body man could install them. Are they blowing smoke up my posterior.  Thanks for any help.

Kern Dog

ANY competent body man?
Abilities vary from person to person. I am a decent Carpenter but I've worked with some REAL hacks that seem to stay employed. The same surely applies to bodywork!
I have yet to see a fiberglass part that fits as nice as a stock steel part. Most have waves, gaps you could stick your finger in and rough finishes underneath. Yeah, they can be modified to fit right by adding material to close gaps, block sanding and filler, etc.
SpeedKore  offers Carbon Fiber hoods but they are NOT cheap!

eda4031

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the other vendor.

charger_fan_4ever

i was in same boat looked for a hood for over 3 years and no dice. We reserected the original hood. go to end of page 4 and start of 5.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,71829.75.html

eda4031

Yeah, It's only us 70 owners with this problem.  Thanks.

ACUDANUT

Try Moparstu. last I heard he had one laying around.