News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

F150 no fuel. Help!

Started by poppa, May 16, 2017, 07:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

Daughters truck , 04 , 5.4 (I think , 8 cyl anyway). I replaced the infamous fuel pump drive module and since it has not started. Can not hear the initial "kick on" of the pump when the key is turned on. I want to check the fuse but can't find a fuse labeled fuel pump relay , on the box they are all just numbered and in the booklet she has they don't even list one. Haven't found much help looking on google. I want to check for power by the pump too and was wondering if anyone new if I have to drop the tank for that.  There's a relay under the hood too. But like the fuse it is not labeled/obvious. Any help/suggestions appreciated. Thanks
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

A383Wing

Did you check the fuel pump inertia cut off switch? Probably located around the passenger kick panel area. It's designed to shut the fuel pump off incase of an accident or something bumping the vehicle. It has a push-reset button on to of it.

They have been known to go bad on their own

poppa

It isn't "popped", how are those checked?

dual fours

1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

poppa

I'll check but her fuses are behind pass kick panel. Thanks

68CoronetRT

I had to replace a fuel pump once on a f150 of that generation. Removed the bed, made the job super easy.

A383Wing

Quote from: poppa on May 16, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
It isn't "popped", how are those checked?

it's just an "on-off" switch.....check it with an ohm meter

poppa

I understand the fuel pump relay is soldered to the fuse panel circuit board and if bad the board must be replaced. How do I test this "not removable" relay and how do I test the fuel pump itself (can this be done without tank removal)?? Thanks

Charger RT

you can download the owners manual here so you can look at the fuse box identification. http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandservice/owner-manuals/
the diagnostics is usually done with voltage readingS at the module you replaced. you normally read the voltage going out of that module to the pump to gauge the health of the pump.
Tim