News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynamat and carpet on firewall

Started by john108, May 17, 2017, 07:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

I ripped everything apart years ago and don't remember how far up the firewall to put the Dynamat and have it covered with the carpet.
I don't think the Dynamat would be left uncovered.
I hope someone has a few pictures during their installation.
Thank you, John

twenty mike mike

On the driver's side, I ran the Dynamat to the base of the steering column floorplate. On the passenger side, I ran it to the base of the factory firewall insulation.

I don't know where the front edge of the carpet is supposed to be cut, but I've seen pics of it being below the floorplate. That's pretty ugly, so rather than cutting there, I cut a slit for the accelerator cable actuator. On the passenger side, the front edge partially covers the factory firewall insulation. I'm not sure if that's possible with the factory heater box. I have a Classic Auto Air box, which is much smaller.

As you can see, I'm not done with the carpet installation, since I don't have the kick panels mounted, yet.

john108

Thank you.  That is pretty good guidance.

303 Mopar

You might want to check out www.fatmat.com.  Just as good as Dynamat and cheaper.  I bought the kit with the sheets instead of the large roll, it was easier to install.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

john108

I have 2 boxes sitting in my living room, that I bought quite a while ago when 20% discount was available.

Kern Dog

Quote from: 303 Mopar on May 19, 2017, 09:43:25 AM
You might want to check out www.fatmat.com.  Just as good as Dynamat and cheaper.  I bought the kit with the sheets instead of the large roll, it was easier to install.
You are only 4 miles from me and in many cases, I can answer your questions over the phone.
I am starting to take this personal, John.   :nana:

gtx6970

If you have a bare firewall, why not run it all the way up ?