News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chris Cornell Dead, Aged 52.

Started by TPR, May 18, 2017, 05:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TPR

1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Draco

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ponch ®

This one legit bums me out.

I was just listening to "The Day I Tried To Live" in the car the other day. :-\
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lennard

Hemidog

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Mike DC

Damn . . . . sucks. 

Really sucks.  He was doing a very good job of growing old for a rockstar.

Ponch ®

Apparently the autopsy determined he hanged himself.

Dont mean to be flippant or morbid about this, but do they really need to do an autopsy to figure that out? How about "hey, we found the guy hanging"?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Lennard

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2017, 03:15:46 PM

Dont mean to be flippant or morbid about this, but do they really need to do an autopsy to figure that out? How about "hey, we found the guy hanging"?
They didn't found him hanging.  They found him with a band around his neck, so then they need to investigate if it was a homicide or not.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lennard on May 18, 2017, 03:49:46 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on May 18, 2017, 03:15:46 PM

They didn't found him hanging.  They found him with a band around his neck, so then they need to investigate if it was a homicide or not.

That i didnt know.

Another Hutchence/Carradine incident maybe?

Mike DC

It's possible, but Cornell was known to be depression prone.  Suicide is as likely as anything. 

The fact that it was so sudden & without warning does not make it unusual for a suicide.  Many suicides go down that way.   

RallyeMike

I'm with Ponch on this one  :'(  They were up and coming when I was about their age - I recall the early days in Seattle and seeing their posters plastered on every light pole in town when they were in tiny venues. A lot of talent gone and people who appreciated it scratching their head in confusion.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

hemi-hampton

Real Bummer, I sure wish I could of made the show last night. Coincedently drove by the Fox Theatre after work last night.  LEON.

Ponch ®

Quote from: RallyeMike on May 18, 2017, 09:12:10 PM
I'm with Ponch on this one  :'(  They were up and coming when I was about their age - I recall the early days in Seattle and seeing their posters plastered on every light pole in town when they were in tiny venues. A lot of talent gone and people who appreciated it scratching their head in confusion.

The whole grunge scene was at its height right around the time I was entering my angry teenager phase. Nirvana, PJ, AIC, and Soundgarden were bands that I hung on to to get through those rough years. 3/4 of those guys are gone now, way before their time.

As ive been commenting in social media, Cornell had a voice that could make a guy swoon - in a totally 100% hetero way, of course. :icon_smile_big: