News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boys first vehicle. A 69 Chevy C/10

Started by pipeliner, May 18, 2017, 09:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipeliner

Growing up as a kid I was raised up Chevy especially on trucks. I ended up with this old long bed and my boy who is going on 13 loves it. I'll never forget when he was about 5 he was walking by my Charger and he looked up at my wife and he said Mommy I'm going to own that car one of these days. I seriously about cried, yes son you will own that car one of these days but for now it's daddy's. He still loves the Charger but I'm not going to push makes or models on him. I'll let him figure that out on is own.  I'm just glad he's starting to like, appreciate and respect older vehicles or any vehicle for that matter.  Right now I'm learning him how to drive the three on the tree. It's pretty solid, needs Rockers, cab corners and doors. We're going to put a LS Auto. In it and probably paint it back the original color. It's good when your son takes interest in the same type of hobby you like no matter if he does take a liking to brand x.

stripedelete

Great choice.   He will enjoy it.

About 20 years ago I picked up a 72, no ps, no pb, 305, for $800.   The three-on-the-tree was worn out.  The guy who sold it to me said,  "you'll get the hang of it".  I think I drove the first 50 miles in first gear!  I got the hang of it and never fixed it.  It turned out to be the ultimate anti-theft devise.

It had the chrome spears on top the length of the body with no lower molding.  I had it painted white and found a used set of Tiger Paws with trim rings and no center caps.   It was sharp! I can't remeber why the heck I sold it.  I had nothing in it.  I wish I would have parked it in the barn. 

I drive a 97/98(winter/summer) k2500 and 99 Burb, all cream puffs, because they remind me of that body style.  Imo, the gmt400 took a lot styling ques from that series.

pipeliner

I've always liked these trucks and I didn't know just how well people love them. It gets compliments and people trying to buy it everywhere we go. It's "almost"as bad as the Charger lol except not to many ask if they want to buy my Charger, go figure  :smilielol:

chargerbr549

Yep, love the 67-72 Chevy pickups, always wanted a 71 or 72 with the Cheyenne trim and of course stuff in a 454 with a 4l80e behind it. Now if I only had more time and money more things would become a reality.

Godsmack635

that's awesome!  My twin brother and I shared our first vehicle in high school which was a 1963 Chevy fleet side with a  283 and a three on the tree.  We did a ton of neutral drops and replaced those spider gears more than once!  :lol:  To this day my brother wishes he still had that truck to pass on to his son.  I'm really hoping my 6 year old daughter gets the enjoyment out of my Charger that I have some day. 

pipeliner

Already showing my boy how to do the neutral drops  :smilielol: