News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New radiator and transmission lines? Help

Started by tommyhr, May 18, 2017, 10:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommyhr

I recently installed a new radiator with electric fans, the mounting points were the same and the input and output for the engine coolant were the same, however the transmission lines are no longer mounted on the bottom of the radiator. Instead they are on the side. Does anyone know where I could buy new lines, a conversion kit, or some other ways to do it. Also will transmission fluid eat through any lines other than metal? Could I just buy some tubes to length and hook it up that way? Any help is appreciated so thanks in advance.

Tom Herrick-Reynolds

MoParJW

Steel lines are preferable, but If you use rubber hoses, make sure they are ATF resistant.
I used NBR oil/gasoline hoses, has been fine for years.
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

threewood

Easy way would be to get a few feet length of 5/16" tubing, a few 5/16" flare nuts and two 5/16" to 5/16" connections and bend up your own.

tommyhr

I did that exactly and it worked great thanks for the advice.

tommyhr

Anyone have any information about a parking pawl for a 727 TF transmission off a 70 charger with a 383?

BLK 68 R/T

What sort of information are you looking for? how it works? Where to get parts for it...or?

tommyhr

BLK 68 R/T