News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wheels

Started by Chargen69, May 18, 2017, 11:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Ok, before we did my car, I was convinced it was going to be a general, so I bought the wheels when they were re-released.  even though I have won a few things, I believe the old school look with the large sidewalls is killing me in most shows.  I want some more aggressive rims and tires but I am not coming up with anything that strikes me yet.  NOT putting torque thrusts on.  see way too many of those to want to join in.

please help, show me some ideas

68X426

Old school all-black steelies, or some modern black wheel, would be sweet.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Cncguy

I hate the look of modern style rims on a muscle car. 15" is the biggest I'll ever go. 20's just don't look right.

JR

American Racing Salt Flats

Minilites

American Racing "Daisy"

Ronal "Teddy Bear"  :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

alfaitalia

Quote from: Cncguy on May 19, 2017, 06:31:18 AM
I hate the look of modern style rims on a muscle car. 15" is the biggest I'll ever go. 20's just don't look right.

20s are a bit much but there are 16-19 between them and 15s! 17 or 18s is a good choice and you get a wider choice of rubber to wrap them in.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alfaitalia

^^. I used to sell those Ronal Teddies when I worked selling VWs back in the day. I had quite a few ladies rocking Teddy alloys on there VW Polo's! They where an officially approved VW extra too !!!! LOL!

Chargen69

Arkgl01

You can get slotted mags 15x7 and 15x9  now at summit for under 600$ just a idea!
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

JT01

I like it like that

Challenger340

I am NOT a fan of the "Big Wheel/Rubber Band" Tire thing on 60's Muscle Cars.
Just me....
But if I even see one at a Car Show or show'n shine I just hold my puke and keep walking, but to each their own I guess ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

VegasCharger

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 19, 2017, 04:20:35 PM
Just me....
But if I even see one at a Car Show or show'n shine I just hold my puke and keep walking, but to each their own I guess ?

:iagree: :iagree:

I'm not a fan of the "Donks"  :smilielol: :smilielol:

alfaitalia

As said before, there is a happy medium between those and the stock skinny ones with flexy side walls. Eighteens will (probably) be going on mine...good tyre choice in the UK at that size. If you are restoring to factory specs then little wheels are the way forward......but if you want to actually go around corners and have suspension to match....and don't want it to handle like a pig on stilts then going a bit lower profile will help. The factory wheels always did look like they were sucked too far into the fenders in my eyes (reminding me of a fat bird teetering about on six inch stilettos!). So if you stay near factory sizes either go for less back spacing or fit spacers. But hey all our cars are owned by individuals so do what looks and feels right to you.

dodgey68

i must admit that sometimes  i am over the look of my wheels,  i would like to either black out the centres or i really like the american rebel wheels
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

JR

Quote from: Challenger340 on May 19, 2017, 04:20:35 PM
Just me....

I'm equally offended when I see a nice car driving around on 15 inch BFG TA's or Cooper Cobras. Not for the visual, but for the terrible braking (and all around) performance those tires offer.

Try a panic stop on a set of 17 inch + summer compound tires, then try the same thing on some 15 inch BFGs. Not even close.

I'll never go back.

Also, those American racing Rebels look cool. Do they come in 17?

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

XS29L9B2

Oh my car in third picture thank you
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

dodgey68

[
Also, those American racing Rebels look cool. Do they come in 17?

[/quote]

no they go up to 16 dam it, i need a 17 to go over my brakes
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

polywideblock

start a retro trend, what about a set of auto drags or convopros

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Chargen69

Quote from: polywideblock on May 20, 2017, 03:48:24 AM
start a retro trend, what about a set of auto drags or convopros

idk about that

Charger-Bodie

When you say no torque thrusts do you mean all or just one of the torque thrust styles?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

I was in the 15" wheels only club for a while but got tired of seeing the same old stuff over and over. After running 17" wheels for a few years I could never go back. I still have plenty sidewall and a much better handling car. Now I look at 15" wheels and say whoah that's way too much sidewall.  :lol:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

triple_green

https://postimg.org/image/8thu0vfth/

I like these wheels, combo of old and new school....Daytona Guy's car.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Cragar Eliminator 500's...  A bit like a classic Radir wheel

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chargen69

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on May 20, 2017, 09:47:56 AM
When you say no torque thrusts do you mean all or just one of the torque thrust styles?

at autofair in charlotte I probably saw 8 out of 10 cars for sale with one version or the other torque thrust, I think they look cool, but they seem to be the go to wheel to sell a car and I dont want to go for that.

I could probably go for something like this

ACUDANUT

I'll take the rims and tires on your car now.  :yesnod:

Chargen69

saw your message, i'll send you my number later when I have time to talk and get the tire sizes, the back ones are big

tcs69rt

That's a great background!  :cheers: Rolling flag painted on the wall!!!  :2thumbs:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: JR on May 19, 2017, 07:10:06 AM

Ronal "Teddy Bear"  :icon_smile_big:

And if those aren't gay enough.......