News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please help me with my new car

Started by euroZ06, May 21, 2017, 08:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hi,

I just bought a 68 charger, which has a 383 in it. Its not original, however it looks very stock and mint. Id love to keep it that way, but i really need more power, its really slow.

Im pretty sure it has very low gears as well (around 2300 rpm at 60mph). So id like to put 3.55 posi in it, and ive done that swap before, so im confident.

1. The tranny has stock linkeage and at first it was shifting at 2k rpm, no matter what, but i adjusted the lever and now it shifts around 3k rpm, but shifts are very hard and it still doesnt drop a gear when u floor it (and still shifts at 3k rpm at wot). How to fix this?

2. I think besides rear end, i need to add a bit of power. Id like to keep stock headers, but maybe change out the carb? How hard is it to swap the cam? Can i keep stock cam and get power from a different carb and air intake manifold?

3. Any other ideas to get power and keep it stock looking?

4. The gauges are all new, however besides the tach and speedo nothing is working. How do i connect them?

68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55