News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Starting Question

Started by ODZKing, May 22, 2017, 09:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

Here is one I have never seen before. My wife has a little 82 LeBaron Convertible, Mark Cross edition etc. Nice little cruiser actually.  Survivor car is why it interested her.
Anyway, we finally decided to wake it from its winter slumber. Long story short, turn the key, crank and no start. Well before we burned up the starter, I took a peek and sure enough no gas in the carb. Yes it is the last year for the 2.6 Mitsu with carb, I'm told.
Anyway, in the past that would seem to be a fuel pump not working. So I pored a touch of gas in the carb. Sure enough it started right up.  So I'm thinking it will quit any time now as soon as the fuel runs out. WHAT ... it is still running!  Seems to be fine now  :scratchchin:
Anyone ever run into something like this ... I haven't.  :shruggy:

oldcarnut

Might sound like dumb reasoning but similar experience I've had. I'm  thinking the starter wasnt turning fast enough for the pump to suck up a good supply of fuel to get sorta a primed effect but once running faster and wet it was able to make a good draw/pump.  I dunno but it my guess at the time.

daveco

I agree, actual engine running rpm's got the fuel pump primed.
R/Tree

Bronzedodge

Yup, same thing happened to me.  The E-10 or whatever crap fuel you have in your part of the country may have made the pump marginal, it will be fine untill the next long shutdown.

Apologies to any corn farmers out there.   :lol:
Mopar forever!

oldcarnut

We used to be able to get 91-93 non ethynol around here but no more.  Best I can find non ethynol now is 87 and they call it marine fuel.  Some of the Spinx stations and one fishing bait has it but said no longer is anything above that is available to them to sell.  I don't mind a little corn liquer to drink now and then but it's time to bring non ethynol back to the pumps.   

VegasCharger

Glad to see the problem is solved Bob.  :2thumbs:

It's a good thing that you're on the east coast and not the west coast. Those crazy Cali K car club members might be hunting your car down thinking it needs to be save. :smilielol: :smilielol:

:cheers: