News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Next Parker, CO Vehicle Vault event?

Started by lloyd3, May 22, 2017, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Attended the last one a few weeks ago and it was really entertaining. Immensely broad spectrum of cars attending (maybe 200, or more?), everything from Lamborghini and Ferrari to modified IH Scouts & other 4X4s, with lots of old and new muscle. The event is called "Cars and Coffee" and evidently.... is monthly in the Summer here. Good early Saturday morning activity in that you show up around 8AM, park, grab a good cup of Starbucks and a doughnut (if you can) and watch things unfold. I can't get their webpage to function properly and give me the next date. I'll actually wash my car for the next one.  

The Parker cops have a great time skulking around the perimeter of the target-rich environment, nabbing the foolish folks (primarily teenagers) who wring-out their rides as they go by (mostly ricers from what I saw).  The event starts with the older folks and their cars (who have no problem getting up early) and gets progressively younger as the morning wears on and warms up. My boy and I lasted until ~10:30 and then it was time to go.

303 Mopar

Hey Lloyd,
It was good to see you again there.  Cars and Coffee is the 2nd Saturday of the month from March through Oct, and even some of the winter months if the weather is nice.  They also have Hot Rod Happy Hour from 6-8 on the 4th Friday of the month.

It was very crowded this past Saturday, spilling over into other shopping center lots.  They are supposed to have the private garages open next month, so hopefully the open parking around there will help.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

lloyd3

303 Mopar: Good to see you again too! Can't make this Friday's event (funeral in Pennsylvania), but will shoot for June. Different crowd for the Happy Hour?   

tcs69rt

Parker is 80 miles from Woodland Park, hmm? Might have to make a run up there.  :2thumbs:
"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

lloyd3

tcs69rt:  If you came up the back way to Parker (hwy 83) it should be a nice drive. That stretch of I-25 between Colo Springs and Castle Rock is a zoo in an older muscle car (unless you have overdrive).  I just heard that ~10k folks a month are still coming to Colorado and the roads are seriously showing it.  Clearly though, some are bringing a few very nice cars with them (they can't all be stoners).  

Here is the Vehicle Vault webpage: http://www.vehiclevaultco.com/

tcs69rt

My night vision sucks anymore and I'm only 50. I would roll up there in my 2011 Challenger for an evening event. Wildlife and old 69 Charger headlights on those dark backroads could be ugly for me.  :2thumbs:

lloyd3

tsc69rt:  Looks like this Saturday is another "Coffee & Cars" event. If you get started early (say 6AM-ish) you'll be cruising those back roads in sunshine. Also, big 440s really like cool morning air (at least mine does).

alfaitalia

...in my experience that's usually a sign its running a bit rich!....... :icon_smile_big:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

tcs69rt

lloyd3: I'll see if I can break free. I could use some different car eye candy, than what I see in this area. :2thumbs:

tcs69rt

I'll be launching from Woodland Park at 0800 tomorrow. Driving the Challenger up 25.

lloyd3

I will be fun to meet you.

If you can leave earlier, you should be able to find a good place to park in the lot.  By 9:00 to 9:30 it might be pretty full inside the show area and you'll have to park in the field across from the lot.  By 8:15 all the decent spots were filled last time.

lloyd3

Got there at 8AM and it was already filling up.  Stuck around until 10 and headed home (getting hot fast here now). Mine was the only 2nd Generation car there.  Not quite as diverse as the one last month (way more 'Vettes and Camaros and other newer stuff) but still an interesting morning. Coffee was late and fairly sucky, but the price was right (free).

Neat 1970 440/six pack pistol grip Vitamin C Roadrunner:

Exceptionally clean and low-miles 1954 Plymouth Cranbrook next to my car (I must be getting old, I never used to notice cars like these!):

Bug truck (my brother had one of these long ago....):

I guess I missed you tcs1969rt.

303 Mopar

Quote from: lloyd3 on June 10, 2017, 02:30:53 PM
Got there at 8AM and it was already filling up.  Stuck around until 10 and headed home (getting hot fast here now). Mine was the only 2nd Generation car there.  Not quite as diverse as the one last month (way more 'Vettes and Camaros and other newer stuff) but still an interesting morning. Coffee was late and fairly sucky, but the price was right (free).

Hey Lloyd, I was at a baseball tournament and missed this one but am hoping to make the one on July 8th.  Did they have the new garage area open in the back for more parking yet?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

tcs69rt

Sorry. I got an invite to Bill Jobe's home in Snowmass / Aspen on Saturday. He started racing Corvettes in 1959. He had Quaker State and Goodyear sponsorships. Bill raced 24 hours at Daytona in the 60s and 70s. He went 183 MPH in a 69 427 Corvette at a New York race. I had to go meet this guy. He now bombs around Aspen in a red 83 Ferrari 308 (cue the Magnum P.I. music!!!)  :2thumbs:

lloyd3

303Mopar: nothing else open yet, looks close though. Even heavier Police presence this time as well (if that's possible). Down on my end of it, a cruiser was sitting across the street using his loudspeaker to keep people from parking at that exit point. I listened to him all morning saying "don't park there".  I kept telling my son "wait for it" when somebody would try to park there. After a while, it got a bit annoying.  For the pre-70s cars, it's really becoming a 7:30 to 9:30 event. I'd guess summer heat is a big part of that, but the younger crowd does get a bit rambunctious about then as well.

tcs69rt: no worries! Catch you next time.