News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for Friends of Kevin Frantz of Anna, TX

Started by ElDoradoCuda, May 23, 2017, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElDoradoCuda

Well, this is a tough one, and I don't want to come off like a ghoul or something like that.  Kevin Frantz of Anna, TX is supposedly the former owner of the 1970 Plum Crazy sunroof Charger I recently purchased.  He seemed like a very cool guy - he ran a shop called Frantz Repair Shop in Howe, TX that reportedly not only repaired cars, but restored them as well.  He was a Mopar guy that had been in the process of restoring my car and a 1970 Road Runner convertible.  He also had recently owned a Dodge Ram diesel 4x4 truck and a 2006 Viper Coupe.  In addition to his shop and Mopar hobby, he was a volunteer firefighter.
Kevin passed away on February 17th of natural causes in his shop.  He was only 53 years old.  I'm trying to find anyone that might have known him and participated in his Mopar hobby.  My understanding is that when he purchased the Charger I bought (and have since given to my son in recognition of his service in the Marines) it was a complete, running and driving car.  Keven removed the engine, transmission, fender tag, and interior in preparation for its restoration.  I purchased the car as a rolling shell and would like to reunite the car with as many of its original parts as possible.  Certainly it would be tough to approach the family with this.  I am selfishly looking for parts he once owned.  On the other hand, if any of his surviving sons have the parts as part of his shop items, I would likely be willing to pay more for them than anyone else (then engine/trans combo is just 318/auto, so not really worth much at all on their own, but certainly of value to me).
So I'm posting here with the remote hope that someone might know someone who might know...  And yet I also do not want to upset his family.
Like I said, a tough one.