News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Oh HEMI you got away from me....

Started by 1974dodgecharger, May 23, 2017, 09:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

You guys probably don't remember this one, but I told a fellow member about a 69 charger with a 472 HEMI he wanted 22k for it and I could go check it out for him.  After telling the forum member about it he didn't want it and I thought about it and the seller then told me, '18k and its yours!'  I remember having that cash in hand at the time...and I thought to myself ok 18k get this 69 or upgrade the 68?  Well DUMMY ME!!!! I should of known better its a HEMI and 18k and this was 6 years ago.....the engine alone was 18k probably and NOW a days people ask 18k for a HEMI that's not even put together.  he wasn't even in a hurry to sell he had a GTX original also he wanted 25k.    He even had the original 440 to the car in the backyard he said I could have it!  Point is im a DUMMY.....should of got it....and would have 2 chargers 68 and 69 in my hands!!!!

Baldwinvette77

Yeah well, everyone makes stupid decisions, welcome to the club pal  :cheers:

69rtse4spd

Mine was a 70 Superbird, should have offered more than the other guy, but didn't want to step on any toes. And what was the price, I offered 7000.00, the other guy offered 8000.00 but he was first in line. Was a 24,000 mile 440 auto on the column original car. Pat my buddy had it & we turned over the 24,000 miles doing 125 mph on the road. Of course this was back in 79 or 80, kick my self in the ass every time I think of it, oh well.

ht4spd307

ah the old could have would have should have :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:

qwick68

Plenty of stories like this, man those were the days, well before my time unfortunately.  The guy I got my charger from told me he got an A12 roadrunner out of a junk yard because it was missing the tranny.  He still has the Dana, lift off hood, motor and six pack set up........the rest went back to the yard.....
68 Charger LL-1 Turquoise