News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brake booster and headlight vacuum hose routing.

Started by 375instroke, May 24, 2017, 12:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

How are these originally routed?  My car has the big hose going from the intake to the drum brake power booster directly, and the headlight vacuum can hose connects to a second nipple on the booster check valve.  I just thought this was correct, and saw other cars with the headlights connected to the booster, too, but after looking at pics of other cars, I think that's wrong now.  If you have manual brakes, you obviously have to connect to the intake.  Is this correct on power brake cars, too.  I'm swapping to the Bendix disc booster, and the one I have has a single nipple check valve.  Does vacuum hose from the intake to the booster run under the throttle linkage bracket?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do you have a Factory Service Manual?  If not, get one...all the "correct" info you are looking for is in there....along with the pic I posted in your other thread...

In this pic from the FSM Page 23-36, look at the engine & look for the wording "vacuum connector"  this is where the vacuum source for the headlight doors starts....much like I said in your other thread.

The booster hose does indeed run under the throttle linkage.  

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Here's a little bonus reference shot from an UNRESTORED '69 Charger R/T
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Also....not to confuse you BUT there is one time that there will be a second nipple off the power booster in '69....IF the car was originally optioned with cruise control.  Much like this Charger R/T was.   The servo gets its vacuum signal off the booster....to signify a brake application....I think.  Dont hold me to that! ;)

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

375instroke

Thanks.  Wouldn't have thought that vacuum diagram would be in the body section.  It has the cruise control hook up in the accessories chapter.  Now on to my next conversion problem.

375instroke

Next problem, all the local auto parts stores don't carry 11/32" vacuum line, and want to try and sell me fuel line or heater hose.  WTF?

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 375instroke on May 28, 2017, 01:40:17 AM
Next problem, all the local auto parts stores don't carry 11/32" vacuum line, and want to try and sell me fuel line or heater hose.  WTF?
http://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/gates,27232,vacuum+hose,230
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

375instroke

Sad day when I can't even get an fing vacuum hose at the local Schmuck's Auto Parts.