News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlamp pod interchangeability

Started by hemi68charger, June 11, 2017, 08:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

Friend asked me a question that I wasn't 100% sure on, but believe there isn't a stock-off-the-shelf from another car. Is there any other applications for the metal headlamp pods that are fixed to the headlamp covers that the actual bulbs attach to? I didn't think there was since I have never heard of anything similar to the front turn signals on a Daytona..

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 11, 2017, 08:36:52 PM
Hey gang..

Friend asked me a question that I wasn't 100% sure on, but believe there isn't a stock-off-the-shelf from another car. Is there any other applications for the metal headlamp pods that are fixed to the headlamp covers that the actual bulbs attach to? I didn't think there was since I have never heard of anything similar to the front turn signals on a Daytona..

Cheers,
Troy

I'm not 100% sure if your talking about headlamps or turn signals?...

But if your talking about the headlamp pivot/frame, no other application other than Tona or Bird, the turn signal is a 69 Plymouth Valiant unit

hemi68charger

Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 11, 2017, 10:03:16 PM

But if your talking about the headlamp pivot/frame, no other application other than Tona or Bird, the turn signal is a 69 Plymouth Valiant unit

Mike, I was using the turn signals as an example of a repurpose application.. I was asking about the headlamp frame/pivot. As I suspected, they are nose-cone specific and uniquely made for the Daytona and Superbird...

Thanks...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 12, 2017, 06:49:13 AM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on June 11, 2017, 10:03:16 PM

Mike, I was using the turn signals as an example of a repurpose application.. I was asking about the headlamp frame/pivot. As I suspected, they are nose-cone specific and uniquely made for the Daytona and Superbird...

Thanks...
Troy

OK got ya, that's what I thought I read, believe me that was one of the things that I looked at many years ago, so I could avoid making pivot face plates, but no such luck...

FYI, the pivot frames are the same left or right side, just the installation of the headlite cup adjusters, determines if it now fits left or right in the nose, and to the corresponding fiberglass outer headlite door

Mike