News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Demon Order

Started by taxspeaker, May 25, 2017, 07:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Ok let's pretend you win the dealership lottery and get a new Demon. You decide to store it in a barn (hopefully a heated one with a concrete floor) for 30 years so it can be barn find 2050. How would you store it for 30 years?

1. Gas-my thoughts are put a can or two of stabilizer in the system and run it until it dies from lack of fuel?
2. Oil-fill all cylinders with synthetic oil after replacing any used oil with new synthetic?
3. Tires-put it on jack stands so tires don't hang loose, but so they jest lightly touch ground?
4. Tranny-not sure what to do here-replace fluid with synthetic?
5. Rear diff-not sure here either-replace lube with synthetic?
6. Suspension-assuming it is sealed do you do anything? maybe spray all exposed rubber with WD-40?
7. Interior-put several moisture absorbing cans inside with not to replace every 6 months on car cover. Leave every sticker and tag alone?
8. Exterior-buy a great car cover and leave it alone?

What am I missing? Oh yeah-a Demon

WINGMAN

In 30 years I will not be around, but if I were I will keep all the oils and coolant in it and put it in one of those large car bags. Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Offblue

Interesting topic, unfortunately i have no faith in modern day cars, sure you can save the body, interior and minimize the damage to mechanical ... but the electrical would be shot after 30 years haha.

Daytona R/T SE

Too much plastic in modern cars.

It will break down over time.

70 sublime

Take the battery right out of the car
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

John_Kunkel

Remove the battery, completely drain the fuel system and pump in a pickling fluid (preservative oil), remove the spark plugs and spray pickling fluid in the holes, then replace the plugs; push it into one of those inflatable bags and place the suspension on jack stands.

https://www.carid.com/car-capsule/indoor-car-showcase-14-8-l-x-9-3-w-x-6-6-h-mpn-ccsh14.html?view=653038&gclid=CNO16qzJi9QCFQ5xfgodJBwCqA
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

taxspeaker

moparchris

Having an 800+ horse power car and never beating on it is like dating a super model, and never taking her to bed just so the next guy can :slap:

alfaitalia

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on May 25, 2017, 09:56:04 AM
Too much plastic in modern cars.

It will break down over time.

Hmmm...well since they have effectively banned plastic bags over here...the main reason being they take about a thousand years to break down in landfill sites..I really would not worry about the plastic in a modern car breaking down anytime soon. Assuming this imaginary "barn" is pretty much dark then the plastic should pretty much last indefinitely...UV being it's main enemy.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cbrestorations

part of the reason our cars are so desirable and valuable is they came from the made in america generation, no chinese parts. dodge wasnt owned by fiat, parts produced by the cheapest bidder overseas and plastic just about everywhere. i dont believe that if you stored a demon for 30 years it will gain much value. i feel it is a bad investment. you might gain more profit margin by buying pile of shit project car and storing it for another 30 years

70B5Cuda

Quote from: cbrestorations on May 25, 2017, 05:22:56 PM
part of the reason our cars are so desirable and valuable is they came from the made in america generation, no chinese parts. dodge wasnt owned by fiat, parts produced by the cheapest bidder overseas and plastic just about everywhere. i dont believe that if you stored a demon for 30 years it will gain much value. i feel it is a bad investment. you might gain more profit margin by buying pile of shit project car and storing it for another 30 years

Ditto. Plus everyone wasn't trying to time/play the market and store cars back then. Too many people are trying to time the market today. And the energy crises accelerated the drying up of the muscle car pool...
1968 Roadrunner-6.1L, 6 speed, 3.91 Getrag, IRS
1968 Charger- 6.1L, TR-6060, 9"
1968 Charger in RR1 "Ribeye"
1969 Charger in EW1 "S'more"
1969 Charger Survivor-R6, 383, 727.....WRECKED
1970 Barracuda-6.1L, 6 speed, 4.10 S60

wingcar

DRIVE IT!!   That's what it was built for.....Life is to short to be saving it for someone in the future  :Twocents:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

alfaitalia

68pplcharger

Keep it in the garage and Drive the hell out of it on (nice days)and enjoy it just like my 68 Charger. You wouldn't put more than 50K on it in 30 years driving it on weekends that are nice.

flyinlow

Quote from: moparchris on May 25, 2017, 04:44:56 PM
Having an 800+ horse power car and never beating on it is like dating a super model, and never taking her to bed just so the next guy can :slap:

:iagree:

Aero426

Quote from: flyinlow on May 26, 2017, 11:48:23 AM

:iagree:

Truth.

The problem with all modern "collectibles" is more people intentionally try to preserve them or keep miles down.      Most of the time, this strategy just leads to a lot of real nice low mileage depreciated cars on the market.  If the Demon turns out to be the high water mark,  it may be the exception. 

As mentioned, even if you do everything right, I feel that electronics and climate control systems on the modern supercars will be the biggest problem once the manufacturer ceases support.

1974dodgecharger

This is no different than the hellcat charger/challenger folks have saved up and not driven since they bough it.  I had one guy here in Phoenix wont touch his hellcat challenger he has it stored in temp controlled room, bubble, tags, pics of the dealership he bought it from, he even towed it out of the dealership floor because he didn't want to drive it.  He said this should be wroth 1 million dollars in 20 plus years..... ::)

cbrestorations

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on May 28, 2017, 02:23:40 AM
This is no different than the hellcat charger/challenger folks have saved up and not driven since they bough it.  I had one guy here in Phoenix wont touch his hellcat challenger he has it stored in temp controlled room, bubble, tags, pics of the dealership he bought it from, he even towed it out of the dealership floor because he didn't want to drive it.  He said this should be wroth 1 million dollars in 20 plus years..... ::)

Dangit...I got to wait we 20 years to call him a dumbass

ACUDANUT

Only if we live that much longer.  :shruggy:

polywideblock

drive it on sunny Sundays (never see rain )  and store it in one of those car cocoons  https://www.carbag.com/carjacket/
put 1 or 2 k on it a year  and keep every bit of dealer paperwork + find all the advertising material / pamphlets etc for it and keep it all together .
maybe go out and buy a shedload of consumables ( belts, hoses etc )  while they are new ( later they will be NOS)

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Bobs69

Agreed.  You don't know what to do with it, but you like telling people you have it.

alfaitalia

What an idiot. Need to get his facts straight too!

"This is by far the most powerful, mean looking, rare, and ridiculous production car ever made."

Ermm....no....not by a long chalk....on any of those "facts".

70 sublime

2018 Dodge Challenger
2018 Challenger SRT Demon
Popular 64 viewed per hour
Email to friendsShare on Facebook - opens in a new window or tabShare on Twitter - opens in a new window or tabShare on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab   | Add to watch list
Seller information
ls1robert (23 )
100% Positive feedback
Follow this seller
Ask seller a question
See other items

Item condition:Used
Time left: Time left: 4d 01h Friday, 10:35AM
Price:US $250,000.00Buy It Now
Best Offer:  Make Offer

The fastest production car that runs a 9.65 second quarter mile, does 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, and has 840 horsepower with a full manufacturers warranty is finally here. I have secured and locked in a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon. Before anyone jumps down my throat saying "Your crazy for the price your asking" just hear me out with the facts. They just released the MSRP and fully loaded it is just under $100,000. Now with that being said, that is the price before tax and before the inevitable huge dealer markup IF you can even get one at all! With that being said, I will make it short and sharp. They are only making 3300 total (3000 for the US) for only ONE year and this is your chance to own one. This is by far the most powerful, mean looking, rare, and ridiculous production car ever made. This ridiculous machine is for the true drag racers and true car guys at heart looking to purchase a future investment that will only go up in value. Upon purchase we will discuss exactly how you would like to order your car if you purchase before the order date. If you purchase AFTER the order date then you will get the car with the options I choose. FCA/CHRYSLER DOES NOT OWN THE PICTURES IN THIS LISTING. The pictures above were taken by the public and show variations of the car. The way you order it is up to you. It has broken just about every record for any production car and comes with your name born on the car, window sticker, and Demon crate. I used a different VIN because Ebay doesn't allow you to post without one and of course I don't have the VIN for the demon yet so please disregard that. You can visit YouTube to find out more in-depth details on this vehicle. Please do not waste my time with low ball offers. SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! For any serious buyers that want to purchase this vehicle can email me and we can set up a phone call/meeting. Any questions you have please email me. Thank you.

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Back N Black