News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Oldsmobile 455 Comp Cam issue

Started by lukedukem, May 25, 2017, 09:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

A little back story first. my uncle had a boat that had a Berkeley pack-a-jet in it, and that was an olds 455 with a jet drive. he gave it to me and i am rebuilding the entire boat. i am in the process of rebuilding the engine. I ordered all my parts from cpperformance, they specialize in jetboat stuff. I was told that my cam was on back order cause they had to grind it. They don't stock them on the shelf, comp cams will have to make it, no big deal. So today it finally comes in the mail. I open it to find what appears to be pitting marks from where it was sitting on a f'ing shelf. Wtf. I called cpp, and they too where pissed. He said , "that's why we don't stock them anymore" then he said " they will have to make another one and it will take awhile" I told him that's what I was told to being with. Even the plastic  wrapping on the cam was torn and not sealed good.
I tried to clean it off with brake clean and a lint free cloth, but you can run your finger across it and feel the bumps and pits. Maybe it's just on the surface, but I took a blade to it and I couldn't scrape it off. I am just really pissed about how someone from Comp would let this leave the facility, it was dropped shipped from them. and they told me they would have to make this one, when obviously they had it laying around, they made me wait 2 weeks.
here are the pics, before and after i tried to clean it up. i just had to vent.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC