News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to verify Numbers Matching?

Started by MoparMotel, August 11, 2005, 01:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoparMotel

Hi guys,

I just pulled the motor on the 69 Charger R/T SE for paint and i want to know if the engine is numbers matching. The owner i bought it from said that it was not numbers matching but i would still like to find out what this motor went to. The only thing that i know about the motor is that it is a 69 HP 440. I have included some pictures of it and the numbers on the pad on the right side of the motor. If there is another place i can look for numbers that would be appreciated. Also, Troy i wasn't sure where this should go so please feel free to move it.

Thanks Nick
1968 Dodge Charger

PlumBad70

Hi Nick, It looks like the numbers on your engine is 9 for 1969....The D means it was built in Belvidere, IL..and the last part is the squential number..if your VIN matches that whole thing then its numbers matching, if your VIN doesn't match what that says, then its not...Thats the only place the numbers were stamped on a 69 motor.....luckily for me my pad on my 69 motor isn't stamped at all, so that means I have numbers matching motor, all I have to do is stamp it myself...lol...Theres really no way to tell what it went to, only way to tell is what cars came from Belvidere, IL.

Steve
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

MoparMotel

If a motor isn't stamped at all doesn't that make it a factory warranty block?

And also, it is not numbers matching then because the last digits of my VIN are 130095
1968 Dodge Charger

PlumBad70

Yeah thats what is...But there is really no way to tell it is...Sometimes its marked "W", but in my case its not....So if I stamp in my numbers, (which I probably won't), theres no way to tell its a warrenty block...Yeah its not numbers matching...To bad though.
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

MoparMotel

Yep......Thanks for the information.......He said it wasn't but i wanted to make sure. I also wanted to see what car that motor came out of but i don't think there is really anyway to do that.
1968 Dodge Charger

PlumBad70

No there really isn't a way, but you can guess it came out of what ever was manufactured at the Belvidere, IL plant...I don't know what came out of there, might of been everything...someone here probably knows..Good luck!

Steve
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime

FastbackJon

I checked that pad on the 440 of my '68 R/T (since I already knew it was a '69 440 by the top pad) and my lower pad had the full 13 character VIN on it. Kinda cool. Strange some had a short VIN and others had the longer one.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV