News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bird on Bay RM23VOA171644

Started by taxspeaker, May 27, 2017, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crj1968

Quote from: LilRedDave on June 01, 2017, 06:25:52 AM
Love the wing hole in the roof for parking it on the lift!

That jumped out at me too....great picture

wingcarenvy

I saw this Superbird at the January 2017 Russo and Steele auction where it was bid up to 160 reserve not met and of course the auctioneer says it only takes one more bid to meet reserve before he drops the hammer to close the bid. My guess was that no one in the room was bidding at that price. I looked this car over a few times and it is very very nice but a few things stood out that I saw that would hold back the bidding. First off the paint was so thick that you could barely read the fender tag. The numbers were buried. Second is the rattle can black underside. I mean if your going to get top dollar for a car it better be top dollar material. This is where these auctions kill the hobby. I mean a pretty car like this one will go across the block and set a world record for top dollar and the bidders are check writers that don't even know what they are looking at. The Petty blue bird at Barrett Jackson made my head explode BTW. All in all I would be proud to own this one but not at OE gold pricing.

moparstuart

local car , it must have sold as a local friend posted a picture of it on my facebook time line with it getting loaded up last week  in North KC
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:73     here is the note i got   with the picture ,    Here's one for you Stuart. Seen this in NKC off 10th & Burlington.

rob-dirt

Quote from: RealWing on May 28, 2017, 10:57:27 AM
I'm pretty sure the J number is 98594 after enhancing the photo. Plus the next bird on the list after this one has a J number of 98595

so are we saying the J numbers run with the serial #list list of the cars  Is their a info page for the J Numbers my spring on my build sheet go,s right threw the  # i would post a pick but my pick,s are to big for this site any help would be great and thank,s

moparstuart

Quote from: rob-dirt on June 24, 2017, 09:49:51 PM
I'm pretty sure the J number is 98594 after enhancing the photo. Plus the next bird on the list after this one has a J number of 98595

so are we saying the J numbers run with the serial #list list of the cars  Is their a info page for the J Numbers my spring on my build sheet go,s right threw the  # i would post a pick but my pick,s are to big for this site any help would be great and thank,s
email me the pic i can shrink it and post for you    stuartspeedway@hotmail.com

bannedbird

Quote from: rob-dirt on June 24, 2017, 09:49:51 PM

My registry of birds included the J number and all tag info. Since was 1991-ish I last looked at it (for my car missing a tag) I seem to remember that the J number series had no relation in sequence with VIN.  I'd have to look it up if there is interest.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

DoubleDlover

Dude.. LOl The cut out releaf in the celling of the garage is the BEST pic here!!! LOLOLOl I love it!!! LOL