News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a great muscle car documentary?

Started by family_dodge, May 21, 2017, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

family_dodge

I was in Cheapo the other day and happened across an entire season of "American Muscle Car" from MPI Home Video. It looks like it aired on the SPEED network or something in the early 2000s.

The episodes are just 20-some minutes, give a great overview of the vehicle's history and a general walkthrough of the engine, body and options. Throughout, there are short interviews with Mopar magazine editors and other experts. Clips of NASCAR seasons intersperse the show along with the racing storylines. It's actually just what I was looking for.

What's your favorite muscle car documentary? Or TV show about muscle cars? I'm wondering about other informative-type shows (not so much the Xzibit Pimp my Ride bits—although that's a great pop-culture indulgence, if you ask me  :coolgleamA:).

BIGBLCK11

Great score for $3!  It is a very good series.  I have it with a different box, from a few years ago.  It does say MPI on the bottom.  (better car on the cover, that being a Charger  ;)).  

'American Icon: The Muscle Car' is a good series too.  It was hosted by Chip Foose on Velocity 2010/2011.  It doesn't appear to be on dvd.  You can stream season 1 on Amazon Prime with an added MotorTrend OnDemand subscription.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Icon-Muscle-Car-Season/dp/B01J6BOKYU

family_dodge

white

Bought mine yesterday, was very good with lots of mopar info!