News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Upper Door Pads

Started by 69hemidaytona, May 31, 2017, 02:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69hemidaytona

I am researching 1969 Charger upper door pads as well as the rear seat upper pads. It appears that PG Classics and Legendary each manufacturer these items. Does anybody know if there are indeed two different manufacturers of these and if so which one is better?

Charger-Bodie

They are indeed two totally different parts. I've used both and the legendary ones are far superior in my opinion.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

charger_fan_4ever

I bought the front two new i almost think they were from B&E off ebay a few years ago. now i need to buy the back two. I forgot which ones i have. If i recall one comes with the charger logo and the other you need to buy it seperate ?

Whats the best way to tell if they are b&E/pg or Legendary ?

Thanks

69hemidaytona

I think I might buy both sets and compare them to my originals and then decide which ones I'm going to use.

FrnkNsteen

Can I tie in to this thread? Not intending to hijack, but it is along the same lines. I have heard that Legendary is the way to go too. What I'm wondering, from those of you who have ordered these parts from Legendary, is how consistent the color is.

I'm planning to go with a white interior. Wondering if I would be better to order all the upper door pads, door panels, headliner, and door panels at the same time to avoid mis-matched coloring? Not looking forward to that bill (translation,... $$$$$$$) , but I want them to all match too (as close as possible).

Thoughts?
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

Lennard

DAY CLONA

Quote from: FrnkNsteen on June 08, 2017, 02:14:35 PM
Can I tie in to this thread? Not intending to hijack, but it is along the same lines. I have heard that Legendary is the way to go too. What I'm wondering, from those of you who have ordered these parts from Legendary, is how consistent the color is.

I'm planning to go with a white interior. Wondering if I would be better to order all the upper door pads, door panels, headliner, and door panels at the same time to avoid mis-matched coloring? Not looking forward to that bill (translation,... $$$$$$$) , but I want them to all match too (as close as possible).

Thoughts?

A nice "uniform" color match among the interior pieces is pretty on the eyes, but if a stock/OEM resto is your goal, the original interior pieces never were a dead on match to each other, various shades/hues were present as the pieces were supplied from different vendors...

The Legendary interior coverings will be of different shades also (I have a white Legendary interior in my Charger) ordering everything at once will not change the color match, unless you were having Legendary make custom components for you and specify a color match? otherwise if you want a mono tone color appearance, you need to spray dye most if not all the components so they match, but most of the white Legendary pieces are very close to one another as far a color uniformity go....

If your doing a 68, matching the pearl white interior parts will be a chore if you have to spray dye them, as far as price, the cost for the B body/Charger interior is spendy, I basically ordered every interior component Legendary offered for the Charger including all new rubber seals/gaskets/etc as well as a full interior, ran about $4K and I didn't need a dash pad or upper door/qtr pads, that would have been close to $2K more

FrnkNsteen

Thanks Dayclona!

I don't really care about Stock/OEM. My car is not numbers matching, and has no fender tag or build sheet, so there's nothing to try to stay correct to. It was originally B3 blue with medium blue interior. I've decided I'm going to change it up and go with what I want if I were to put it together back in 69.

I've pretty much decided on Q5 Bright Turquoise with white interior and top. I've even thought of going with the slatted '68 style seats. Legendary told me at Mopar nationals that they would make me a set in '69 white, instead of '68 pearl, and do the slats to match the '69 Q5 color (unless the cost flat out prevents it!!). I know some on here would consider that to be blasphemy  ;D but my car will never be 100% original and I honestly don't care. I've owned it for a lot of years, dreaming of redoing it, and it's finally happening. I plan to use MOSTLY stock components (except the motor), but couldn't care less if it is how it came from the factory.... especially if I convert it to a 4spd like I'm hoping.

Thanks for the info on the Legendary parts. Sounds like there's no benefit to buying all the interior stuff all at once. I'm not overly anal about color match. Just want it to be close and it sounds like Legendary does a good job of that. Good thing! It allows me to start getting the different items ordered a little at a time.
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback