News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New tracker devise for your car: SCAM

Started by ACUDANUT, May 31, 2017, 11:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

I just bought one. Sounds like one of the best new inventions.

John_Kunkel

100 foot range? Not that useful IMHO.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ACUDANUT

ACUDANUT

Canceled order. Their ad is misleading. 100 foot range is a joke.
Get this. "TrackR is a startup company and, due to the limited size of our team, we are unable to offer phone support at this time"

SCAM, DO NOT BUY THIS FOLKS. SORRY

ACUDANUT

One of these days there will be a True Tracker, that costs less than a low jack system.  :Twocents:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on May 31, 2017, 11:32:11 PM
One of these days there will be a True Tracker, that costs less than a low jack system.  :Twocents:

And thanks John K. for your research, which was better than mine.  :cheers:

GreenMachine

That looks like the Milwaukee "Tick". Only useful for finding a lost tool in your shop.

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/press-releases/tick-press-release

If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Troy

While it does only have a 100' range... the value is using the "Crowd Locate Network". Any device within bluetooth range (that is running the app) will log it on the network. Obviously, the more people running the app the better (which is why I haven't jumped on board). Basically, you can be 500 miles away as long as someone is near your tag. Once you get close it communicates directly with the app on your phone.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

I have a solution.  Throw your old lady's smart phone (hidden in truck) and use that to locate your car ( maybe at a car show or hotel) when you can't always keep a eye on it.  :Twocents:

alfaitalia

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 16, 2017, 02:44:03 PM
I have a solution.  Throw your old lady's smart phone (hidden in truck) and use that to locate your car ( maybe at a car show or hotel) when you can't always keep a eye on it.  :Twocents:

...exactly what I do...but with one of my old android phones rather than my good ladies....put the tracking app on it and on my current phone...permanently wire it into the car via a USB point to drop it to five volts so it's always fully charged and hide it away in the car where it won't be found without major disassembly. I know exactly where my car is at the touch of a screen wherever I am in the world.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

morepower

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 16, 2017, 04:57:04 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 16, 2017, 02:44:03 PM

...exactly what I do...but with one of my old android phones rather than my good ladies....put the tracking app on it and on my current phone...permanently wire it into the car via a USB point to drop it to five volts so it's always fully charged and hide it away in the car where it won't be found without major disassembly. I know exactly where my car is at the touch of a screen wherever I am in the world.

that's what im gonna do!
1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

oldcarnut

Doesn't that require adding an additional phone line to your cell account?

alfaitalia

.....do you not have "Pay as You Go" phone accounts over there? I just used an old PAYG phone. That way it costs nothing unless I actually use it.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Troy

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 15, 2017, 02:02:36 AM
.....do you not have "Pay as You Go" phone accounts over there? I just used an old PAYG phone. That way it costs nothing unless I actually use it.
We do. I don't have internet service in my garage so I use a "hotspot" through my phone provider. I pay by the GB - which isn't much when you consider how much internet surfing I do in the garage in the 4 days I month I get over there...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.