News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger seat belt clasps on front of seats

Started by FrnkNsteen, June 01, 2017, 09:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrnkNsteen

I was looking at my factory front seats and noticed there are seat belt clasps mounted to the front of each front bucket seat. Can anyone tell me why there are there? If I remember right they are both on the inside edge near the center hump (Right side on Drivers seat, left side on passenger seat. The only thing I can think of is to give you a place to clip your belts when not in use.
1969 Charger SE (Just starting the restoration)
1967 Barracuda Notchback

BLK 68 R/T

Just a place to attach them to keep them off the floor and easy to get to. There are some on the rear seat as well to keep the belts from slipping down between the rear seats.

FrnkNsteen

Hmmm,... Makes sense. I never noticed them on the back seat. I will have to take a look tonight.

So my next question is,.... Are people putting them back on when they redo their interiors. On the full restorations I assume the answer is yes. Don't know if I will, but we'll see. Seems like it WOULD serve a purpose.

Thanks!
1967 Barracuda Notchback

BLK 68 R/T

Just depends on your preference. You can choose to put them on there or not. Typically they are broken and I see a lot of cars without them at shows.

Dino

I'd use them if I was going to keep the stock belts. I hate that shit sliding around.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: Dino on June 02, 2017, 01:04:44 PM
I'd use them if I was going to keep the stock belts. I hate that shit sliding around.

Agreed  :cheers:

XH29N0G

How very interesting.  I'm curious, was this 69 only?  Bucket seats only?  Or an option on others.  I don't have them on my xh bench and have not seen them.  I'll keep an eye out in the future for them.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

FrnkNsteen

I can't speak to what all they came on,... Mainly because I didn't even know why they were there!  ;D I can say mine is a 69 SE with bucket seats and the middle buddy seat.
1967 Barracuda Notchback