News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

its getting better , Id post a picture but it would gross you all out . Posted it on facebook still getting grief   ;D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ACUDANUT

Stu, is it from diabetes ?  :brickwall:
Sorry brother. Hope you are well.

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 28, 2017, 09:08:27 AM
Stu, is it from diabetes ?  :brickwall:
had a  corn on the bottom of my big toe  it rubber and got infected went right to the bone in less them a week
  my sugars are under controll but you never take anything lightly with your feet and Diabetes

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on October 27, 2017, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 27, 2017, 02:05:39 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 27, 2017, 01:40:48 PM
What the hell happened, Stu ??

Stu is your heart acting up again ? Hope you are well my friend.  :cheers:
alittle but its my foot  , they took my left big toe and a  section of my foot  

Quote from: moparstuart on October 28, 2017, 11:08:19 AM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on October 28, 2017, 09:08:27 AM
Stu, is it from diabetes ?  :brickwall:
had a  corn on the bottom of my big toe  it rubber and got infected went right to the bone in less them a week
 my sugars are under controll but you never take anything lightly with your feet and Diabetes

crikey Stuart scary stuff  ,  I know all about Diabetes , a seemingly small cut /  sore  etc can quickly escalate    , i'm type 2 my self .
get well soon  :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

moparstuart

putting it in storage for the winter , hoping i can keep her .  But the bills are already rolling in will see how it all falls out .

taxspeaker

Stuart, this has been a real treat to follow the story and pictures. I hate to hear about the health issue and hope it is under control now. I learned from a really stern but smart guy when I was 17 to always take care of your feet. Funny what we remember, but I still remember, and still do. Watch them every day. That and other parts!

What did you do to get the surface rust off of the rear end and springs? I am wondering what to do when I get back to it this winter and don't want to damage anything.
Thanks
Bob

moparstuart

Quote from: taxspeaker on November 12, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
Stuart, this has been a real treat to follow the story and pictures. I hate to hear about the health issue and hope it is under control now. I learned from a really stern but smart guy when I was 17 to always take care of your feet. Funny what we remember, but I still remember, and still do. Watch them every day. That and other parts!

What did you do to get the surface rust off of the rear end and springs? I am wondering what to do when I get back to it this winter and don't want to damage anything.
Thanks
Bob
I have not touched any of that   , it was pretty clean to start with , stored in a very  dry place

wingcarenvy

Hey Stu, I hope you have a speedy recovery and I really hope you can work out keeping your Charger.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on November 22, 2017, 05:36:59 PM
Hey Stu, I hope you have a speedy recovery and I really hope you can work out keeping your Charger.
Chris  me too sir  , thanks you

Kern Dog

moparstuart

Well Happy Birthday my 68 was built 50 years ago today in St Louis  .  Best Aprils Fools Joke ive ever had   :yesnod:

Wasco

Mine was born in St. Louis seven days later on the 8th, but the 'production sequence' number is 54,216 prior to yours?  How were those numbers assigned?  My VIN is 4,292 after yours.

Did you decide to keep the car?  I don't care what anyone says - green/green/black is awesome!

68RT440

Happy Golden Anniversary to your '68! My '68s birthday is coming up on April 15th, although its a Hamtramck car
1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

moparstuart

Quote from: Wasco on April 01, 2018, 12:00:36 PM
Mine was born in St. Louis seven days later on the 8th, but the 'production sequence' number is 54,216 prior to yours?  How were those numbers assigned?  My VIN is 4,292 after yours.

Did you decide to keep the car?  I don't care what anyone says - green/green/black is awesome!
Would love to keep the car , not sure i can but sure want too  ,  Not sure how all the 68 numbers work 

6bblgt

something like .....  :scratchchin:

a specific car's order started with a Shipping Order Number (S.O.#) form either at a dealership (for a customer or inventory) or at Chrysler for a "Sales Bank" (available for dealer purchase) car * the S.O.# is lower right of a '68 fender tag

once the orders got to Chrysler they were given a Scheduled Production Date (SPD) & assigned a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)

once they made it to an assembly plant they were scheduled based on parts stock on-hand & order status with customer "SOLD car - EXPEDITE" orders given priority

it appears "moparstuart's" Charger was "In Plant/In Process" on 4/1/68 (on "SCHEDULE")

Has anyone seen any numbers referencing customer/dealer ordered VS. Chrysler sales bank cars? of a model or even yearly?

How many shifts (or hours) did it take Chrysler to build the typical/average passenger car in 1968?   :shruggy:

moparstuart

Look like it was less the two months from Assembly plant, to dealership, to sold to customer 

Daytona R/T SE

Kern Dog

JB400

I knew he was willing to sell it, but don't know if he did. :popcrn:

moparstuart

I still have her  she runs and drives  , I have not done anything else to it  ,  Still pretty much untouched as i found it  . 
Still have a ton of medical bill so will most likely sell it .   BUt i still have hope that my insurance and the hospital will come to an agreement 

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

alfaitalia

The number of times on here folks say they have to sell the car (or stop work on it) to cover medical bills. So glad we don't have that to worry about over here. You are also a First World Country and, without getting too political, I would have thought you would have figured out a better solution by now.....Just copy what lots of other countries do! Works for us.....only just admittedly...but it works!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cdr

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 23, 2018, 02:03:07 PM
The number of times on here folks say they have to sell the car (or stop work on it) to cover medical bills. So glad we don't have that to worry about over here. You are also a First World Country and, without getting too political, I would have thought you would have figured out a better solution by now.....Just copy what lots of other countries do! Works for us.....only just admittedly...but it works!

You are a funny M Fer  LMAO!!!!
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Challenger340

Quote from: alfaitalia on November 23, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

You referring to single payer Medical Systems ? 

Only wimps wear Bowties !