News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger garage barn find today amazing time capsule

Started by moparstuart, June 03, 2017, 04:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

My baby is 53 years old today. Best April fool joke I've ever had. 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Stuart,

The car's standing very tall these days - really sharp, even after 53 years.

Hope you enjoy it a ton!

:cheers:

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on April 01, 2021, 07:59:38 AM
Stuart,

The car's standing very tall these days - really sharp, even after 53 years.

Hope you enjoy it a ton!

:cheers:
its dressed up as an Old mans car  :icon_smile_big:   Im identifying with it more and more everyday .   It nice have a couple crazy modified cars and then this one so original  , such a cool time capsule  .   

Wingnut426

Your taste in cars is great, especially the lime green convertible wing car! LOL!   Leave the 68 bone stock!
Those wheel covers with the red stripe tires is killer!   WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

Quote from: Wingnut426 on April 01, 2021, 08:59:56 AM
Your taste in cars is great, especially the lime green convertible wing car! LOL!   Leave the 68 bone stock!
Those wheel covers with the red stripe tires is killer!   WINGNUT
ty pete  remember  to leave me your beatiful green wing car in your Will    :icon_smile_big:  Im going to change out the wheels/tires  for some radials but believe me the red lines and hub cab are going into storage not geting rid of or changing any thing else on the car  .  My motor has been touched  as little as possible  .  

moparstuart

moparstuart

spyders are on now  she rides and drives so much better    :drool5:

moparstuart

ACUDANUT

Looks good Stu. What happened to the HPAC car show every 2nd weekend of June ?  Now it's in October ? :shruggy:

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 07, 2021, 04:19:45 PM
Looks good Stu. What happened to the HPAC car show every 2nd weekend of June ?  Now it's in October ? :shruggy:
THANKS     yeah covid killed our june locations   and October worked well last  year.  We had a big turn out so we went with hit again   

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 18, 2021, 01:11:02 PM
Craigars SS.
i have three sets of cragars and 2 sets of ET Diamonds that look similar really love  those also especially with spinner three bar centers   but not the top of my list like spyders and Keystons 

moparstuart

The charger hasnt been cooling properly on longer rides  and rather them blow up the 74k original 383 the radiator came out to be checked out .
Sent it out to have it boiled out and repair any leaks in the original numbers matching radiator .

moparstuart

Its really hard making decision on what directions to go , just trying to touch everything as little as possible  . I for sure decided it was getting a water pump and a thermostat ,  cooling and safety issues are just on the must do list .  So the radiator shop calls and the radiator was super clogged up and rotten as soon as he tried to boil it out the core would have just fallen apart.  He can recore it and save my original numbers tanks  .I told him to do it  , he ordered a core that has a better tube configuration then original and will cool much better .  For 500.00 bucks i thought that was a steal so now the car should cool great   .  

moparstuart

So the next Delema , Everything looks like its never been touched . So im having nightmares that the original timing chain is is still in there and its a ticking time bomb with the Nylon coated gears . I really hate opening more things up and touching more stuff but its a no brainer while all this is already out to just go ahead and put a double steel roller timing chain and gears set in it . I will sleep better and the car be better for it . No sense in ruining the motor .

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: with the new tires on it was extremely evident it need this 

moparstuart

moparstuart

picked this up , looks better then the bright green interstate

moparstuart

Getting more grease and grim off it while its torn down , little scrubbing here and there .  Alot more blue is coming out little by little  .

Kern Dog

Quote from: moparstuart on June 24, 2021, 07:42:11 PM

Sent it out to have it boiled out and repair any leaks in the original numbers matching radiator .
When did they start stamping the VIN on radiators.....?

moparstuart

Correct part numbers and date codes sir    :rotz: not to mention its the exact radiator this car was born with