News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 dodge charger project 383 Factory Air

Started by chapel40, June 06, 2017, 07:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chapel40

Don Chapel

ACUDANUT

Should be a fast car with over 500 HP.  The machine shop work could get expensive.

chapel40

Local shop said they could bore and prep the block for $400-$500
Don Chapel

chapel40

My friend came over to help take the engine apart and dropped a piston on his foot while wearing flip flops lol. Guess we will have to wear something with a little more protection. Piston was okay though. Haha :smilielol:
Don Chapel

chapel40

Cant seem to make a lot of time to work on it. I think I will work on just getting it ready to drive and have some fun with it. May just let a shop do some body work on it once its on the road and take it a little at a time.It actually looks cool the way it is. Rat Rod I guess..... Maybe when I can work one job instead of two I can put more time in it. :'(
Don Chapel

Kern Dog

Quote from: chapel40 on July 07, 2017, 12:19:47 AM
Yeah a bunch of buddies gave me heck about it. We have to wear safety shoes at work. Of course that's the first thing they noticed.

Safety is for wimps. Real men have scars and stories.   :2thumbs:

jwells1993

any clue what color orange that is??? looks like a nice little project good luck and have fun :2thumbs:
keep on keepin on

chapel40

Don Chapel

chapel40

400 is at the machine shop getting the 440 source 512 stroker rotating assy installed. Getting excited but still a lot of work on the body and drivetrain.
Don Chapel

chapel40

New 440 source 512 pics. rotating assy. installed!!
Don Chapel

chapel40

More 512 pics
Don Chapel

chapel40

Don Chapel

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

darbgnik

Looks exciting. Did you have the machine shop assemble the rotating assembly?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

chapel40

I had a local shop put it together. I have not been on here in a while!!
Don Chapel

chapel40

Sent the car to a local restoration shop called Road Hog LLC Here in Houma, La. for metal work and paint. Here it is right before sent.
Don Chapel

chapel40

Don Chapel

chapel40

Biggest problem I had with the body was the upper air cowl rust under the windshield bottom trim, some behind the kick panels and front floor for about a foot. Then the usual around the front and back of the wheels. Otherwise the car is excellent, even the rest of the cowl. They do not make it of course.
Don Chapel

CDN72SE

1972 Charger SE

chapel40

Here is a current pic
Don Chapel

Hard Charger

chapel40

Not a lot of activity on this site. Maybe because its a 71?
Don Chapel

JB400

No issue at all with 71's.  Most people post in the mornings while sipping the morning cup

Metal work looks pretty good

chargervert

You are making a lot of progress!  I have a 71 Charger R / T that is a rolling shell,that I was going to build from the ground up,but I just picked up another 71 Charger R / T from Arizona, that needs no metal work at all. I am going to sell the rolling shell. It's a 440 Magnum, 4 speed, Dana car with the Ramcharger hood. There are quite a few people who are into the third generation Chargers on here. Second generation Chargers are my first love,but third generation Chargers have grown on me, and I currently have 5 of them.

ACUDANUT