News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm going to be a father

Started by TheGhost, June 06, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGhost

Holy crap.

Had the first ultrasound today.  Everything looks good so far.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Dans 68

Sounds like the first time for you.  ;)  Congratulations!  :2thumbs:  "Your life, as it has been, is over...."

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Lennard

ralley72

Hey that's great. Adding a child to your life can be a wonderful experience.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

chargermick

Congrats Ghost, the best part of life is just starting for you.

polywideblock

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

alfaitalia

Quote from: chargermick on June 06, 2017, 08:34:49 PM
Congrats Ghost, the best part of life is just starting for you.

Hmmm.............as the father of a seven year old...well that's all I'm saying!!! :smilielol:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

451-74Charger

451-74Charger

Actually, Congrats
Know how good that day feels

timmycharger

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 07, 2017, 08:07:39 AM
There goes the Charger

Why?   We had 3 kids, the Charger was there before and after  :shruggy:

Congrats Ghost!

72Charger72

I will gladly trade you my Ex Wifes minivan for your Charger! Congrats! :cheers:

XH29N0G

Congratulations.  Wonderful news.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

70 sublime

There goes the Charger

I was thinking the same thing but did not want to say it

Congrats on the fatherhood
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

family_dodge

Congratulations! We've been trying for a while and hope to be doing the same celebration soon.

gtx6970

Congrats. Two of the best days of my life so far,,,, was holding my newborn daughters. Its a scary feeling at 1st

Both my girls were born premature. 1st one was 5 weeks early, 2nd one was 12 weeks early,,,she could have worn my wedding ring as a bracelet she was so tiny. But knock on wood both have been healthy since day one.

Both born in April ( just 3 years apart ) my oldest just turned 20 the youngest turned 17 . I can honestly say I dont know or care what my life would have been like without them in it.

Ponch ®

Quote from: TheGhost on June 06, 2017, 05:57:41 PM

I'm going to be a father

So, you finally figured out what to do... :D

J/k. Congrats!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TheGhost

There goes the Charger

Don't actually have one yet.  Might get one of the new ones, since I need a family car now.  Classic Mopar dreams have been put on hold for a while, though.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

451-74Charger

Hopefully yours will not be like mine.
My son isn't interested in cars at all :(

There goes the idea of Father/Son project

alfaitalia

I'm lucky there....sort of...just wish he would pick up school stuff as fast as he picks up car stuff. He's only seven but his car knowledge is pretty remarkable. 
Knew he was keen when he asked "When you die daddy will i get your Charger?"....nice! I'm only fifty.

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Dino

Congrats man! Vaccinate your kid!  :lol:

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 07, 2017, 04:20:43 PM
I'm lucky there....sort of...just wish he would pick up school stuff as fast as he picks up car stuff. He's only seven but his car knowledge is pretty remarkable. 
Knew he was keen when he asked "When you die daddy will i get your Charger?"....nice! I'm only fifty.

:smilielol:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

Congrats! Kids are awesome and you will love them more than anything in the world, But one day you will learn the reason they call them "Grand"children.  ;D
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

DixieRestoParts

Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

JB400

charger chris

Congratulations. He'll still have my car and add one more sense my son was born and he going on 4. Man time flies. It don't seem like almost 4 years. Wow
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mike DC

:2thumbs:

Bringing up another future Mopar fan.  Congrats. 

67440chrg

Congratulations. Its a great thing. I may ask my teen aged daugthers if its to late to drop them off at the fire station once in a while but I love them even if they drive me crazy.

alfaitalia

Lol....my mother's asked me a few months ago (at my fiftieth) if it was too late to have an abortion....nice. She loves me really....I hope!

BSB67

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 07, 2017, 04:13:02 PM

My son isn't interested in cars at all :(

Neither is mine, thank goodness.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

TheGhost

alfaitalia

Cool ! and well done Mrs Ghost!....We were only ever going to have the one child.....so if it had been a girl I would have sent it back under warranty!!! I'm an only son like my father.....gotta keep our family name alive somehow!!

TheGhost

Kayden arrived at 7:51 pm.  8 lbs even. He's currently in the nicu because he's breathing a little fast, but other than that seems fine.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Lennard

Mopar Nut

Congratulations!   :cheers:

Get the car keys ready!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

nvrbdn

Woohoo. After 6 kids and 9 grandkids, I know how great of a feeling it is. Cherish that baby boy. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger_Fan

Congrats, that's great! I hope there were no complications, other than him breathing a little fast.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

No, no other complications.  Everything seems good so far.  Had to spend 3 hours in the nicu last night, but he is breathing normally now.

chargermick

will

Congratulations! Everyone deserves a little buddy!

69wannabe

Congrat's, they are a hand full but alot of fun too!!!

dyslexic teddybear

Quote from: nvrbdn on February 02, 2018, 09:29:32 AM
Woohoo. After 6 kids and 9 grandkids, I know how great of a feeling it is. Cherish that baby boy. :yesnod:

x2

4 kids/8 grandkids

As you get older....no sane parent ever says they had wished they spent less time with the kids.

Best advise I ever got. Enjoy every moment you can. :yesnod:

DeltaV

Congratulations to you and the wife!
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

TheGhost

Thanks everyone.  We finally got home today, after 4 days in the hospital.  32 hours of labor, I have no idea how my wife did it.  Here's a picture of the little guy.

EDIT: picture is too big.  I'll have to edit it down and repost it in the morning.

alfaitalia

Don't give all the credit to your wife....I think you forget all the time (2 minutes 27 seconds she Mrs Ghost told me :D) and effort you put into creating that baby boy!! :smilielol:

TheGhost

Okay, this photo should work now.

alfaitalia

Awww. Quoot. Only seem the other that mine was like that.....now he's an eight year old terror! A real petrolhead like his dad though....much to his mums annoyance!!

Charger_Fan

Sure is a cute little bugger. Brace yourself now, he's gonna grow like a weed!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

JB400

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph