News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EDIT: Goodwood "Breakfast club" UK. Sunday 4th June 2017 & Sunday 6th August.

Started by alfaitalia, June 07, 2017, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

OK.....been to another Breakfast club today....but before I post those pic I'm going to try and repost all the old pics that Photobucket deleted!! But because I could post 20 pics per page before and now I can only post 8 doing it via the forum. Some of the pics will be below the comments about them!! Ho hum.

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

alfaitalia

..and more

alfaitalia

The above photos (and now below)were all taken last Sunday. I'm lucky enough to live near Goodwood, Sussex UK....an ex 50s and 60s Grand Prix track and WW2 and current air strip. The first Sunday of every month we have our Breakfast Club. Gate open at 7am..cars must be gone by 12.30. Every month has a theme...this month was Soft Top Sunday (last month Super cars). If it is a convertible of some sort , new or old, you were in! Because it was hot (for the UK at least) the turnout was massive...over 300 cars on the track (just to show them...no driving) and over 1000 cars in the car park with folks like me coming to talk to the owners and look at some very rare cars. Free entry, no prizes, no competition....we are all just there for the love of the metal. Some show standard cars just in the public car park! Nearly a third of a lap of cars on the track to look at plus all the ones in the packed pits. Some of the drivers come from miles just to show us theirs cars...just for the hell of it. Some cars are so rare you might never see them elsewhere....but for Goodwood they will be driven.....no trailered cars allowed! You can talk for ages to some owners who want to tell you the full story of their beloved car....long may it continue. All helped by lots of stall to buy a bit of Breakfast food. Probably the best Show and Shine in the World!! LOL!

EDIT. Note the good show out of US metal this month....inc the old Warbird.....not just your old cars we import! Rob, the bloke next to it was a school friend and keeps that old bird in the sky!

Any questions about the cars??.... just post a question and I will try my best to answer with my patchy knowledge of them! Count the pics down from the top so I know which car you are referring too.....enjoy.

alfaitalia

Pics 58, 59 and 60 (the green three wheeler) took my eye. Its an old Bond car (not 007...the brand!). Its powered by a mighty Villiers 175cc motorcycle engine. Starter motor? Nah...just sling your leg into the engine bay and you kick start her! Not fast to say the least! Because its front (one wheel) drive and the motor is bolted to the wheel....the whole engine pivots as you steer her!! Very rare car now.

Not every day you see an old Bentley 4 1/4 Blower (green with front mounted Supercharger) on the road either....great noise!

Nice to see a good turnout from the Ariel Atom boys too. For those that don't know they are the tube framed cars that look a little like F1 cars complete with huge front and rear wings....completely street legal and driven to the track. Although one or two of them seem to have "forgotten" their front number plates!!. The speed a couple came past me on the way to Goodwood the plates may be have just blown off!! LOL. Was speaking to one of the Atom owners....his car was powered by two Yamaha 1000cc bike engine formed around a bespoke crankcase to make a 320 horse power 11,000rpm 2 litre V8....sounded glorious . I expect it went quite well too, in something that weighs about as much as a roller skate!

69rtse4spd

Dino

Very cool! Love those old rides. I despise car shows but that one I would enjoy. I get bored out of my mind seeing the same old crap here.

You know what's real noticeable? There are hardly any obese people in those pictures, it's the flip side here!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

alfaitalia

Unfortunately its not often the case....apparently we are now the fattest nation in Europe....just not Goodwood attendees I guess!!

Ps I'm 50 years old, about 6 foot and about 185 lb....so far so good!!!

EDIT...My seven year old son is in a few of the picture (in the cap and Ninja tee shirt!)...He just wanted you to know. A real Petrolhead in training I can tell ya!

Dino

Quote from: alfaitalia on June 08, 2017, 05:31:10 AM
Unfortunately its not often the case....apparently we are now the fattest nation in Europe....just not Goodwood attendees I guess!!

Ps I'm 50 years old, about 6 foot and about 185 lb....so far so good!!!

EDIT...My seven year old son is in a few of the picture (in the cap and Ninja tee shirt!)...He just wanted you to know. A real Petrolhead in training I can tell ya!

Keep it up!   :2thumbs:

I'm already getting tired of having the diet and exercise talk nobody ever listens to.   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

alfaitalia

Everyone who has any say in the decisions at Photobucket......I hope you all get some incurable venereal disease ! Thanks for that!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 08, 2017, 10:35:25 AM
Everyone who has any say in the decisions at Photobucket......I hope you all get some incurable venereal disease ! Thanks for that!

:iagree: My question is...why are you still trying to use PB?  :slap:   :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 08, 2017, 12:31:42 PM

:iagree: My question is...why are you still trying to use PB?  :slap:   :icon_smile_big:

Im not......I'm just cross that all my old posts have gone....and I've hardly posted any pics on this forums compared to others....they must be furious!!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 08, 2017, 12:34:23 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 08, 2017, 12:31:42 PM

Im not......I'm just cross that all my old posts have gone....and I've hardly posted any pics on this forums compared to others....they must be furious!!!
I agree, I feel bad for others here & across the internet who have used PB as their primary host site. Nothing lasts forever, but the way PB went about doing what they did is just disgusting.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

alfaitalia

I give up....posting pics is near impossible!!! Keeps telling me I've double posted when I haven't. Life is too short....will have to find another picture host.

alfaitalia

BDF

I'm liking the Austin-Healey your son is standing by  :cheers:
Watched and enjoyed a LOT of youtubes about the Festival of Speed when you originally posted.
What a GREAT EVENT! :2thumbs:
Edited to correct A-H spelling... ::)

alfaitalia

alfaitalia

alfaitalia

BDF

First time I have seen a right-hand drive T-Bucket.

alfaitalia

Last ones I took at the "Topless Sunday Break fast Club"

alfaitalia

Now this lot are the ones I took today. The theme today was "Tax free Sunday". in the UK you don't pay road tax if you car is over 40 years old. So if you car was 1977 or older you were on the track to show off your metal....there were some obvious intruders though!! Great day and very warm...again!!

alfaitalia

alfaitalia

alfaitalia

alfaitalia

Take that Photobucket!

For those interested I'm using ImgBB. Its free simple to use, you can post about 30 pics per post and no adds. Recommended ...for now!

Side note.....not seen a Pontiac Bonneville before....quite a machine.....and huge.....one of the cars of the day for me!

If any of you have any questions about the cars I've posted or about the Breakfast club.....fire away. Hopefully I might even be able to answer a few of them.