News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wonder Woman anyone??

Started by 69wannabe, June 10, 2017, 09:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69wannabe

We went and watched Wonder Woman tonite and I was very pleased with it myself. I wasn't sure going in and i'm not very critical when it comes to movies as long as it's entertaining and it was entertaining for sure. I read the review's and most of the one's I read were very positive. Gal Gadot done a great job and at this point I think they made made a good choice in who they picked for the role. Anybody else go see this movie yet??

JB400

I haven't seen it yet, but I here she's slated to do a sequel now due to the success of this one.

Bobs69

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

Mike DC

QuoteI haven't seen it yet, but I here she's slated to do a sequel now due to the success of this one.

That cannot always be trusted. 

The studios have learned to announce sequel plans while a big movie is still in theaters as a form of advertising.  They can pull back out of the idea without any fanfare a couple months later.  Last year's Ghostbusters remake, Terminator Genysis, etc.

But yeah, Wonder Woman will probably get a sequel.  It seems to be well-liked.    

Dino

I've heard nothing but positive reviews so far, kinda surprising, but I guess Zach Snyder didn't direct this one. He sure made a mess of BvS! I'll go see it in a week or so, or whenever I have some time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Laowho

We'll see it once we've graduated to sexual restraints. Oh happy day.

Mike DC

QuoteI've heard nothing but positive reviews so far, kinda surprising, but I guess Zach Snyder didn't direct this one. He sure made a mess of BvS! I'll go see it in a week or so, or whenever I have some time.

A movie like that tends to be such a total a design-by-committee job . . . I don't blame the directors nearly so much if it gets botched.  

The studios will choose the lead actors, force them to add other characters & villains (to sell toys and/or set up other spinoff movies), demand action scenes that were dreamed up before the script was even written, demand that cameras start rolling before the script is finished, re-cut the end results against the director's will, etc.  

It's still possible to make a good movie the size of BvS but it can be harder than making a medium-size one.  It becomes a chicken-n-egg problem.  Only an A-list director can do a good job on it because nobody else will be given adequate control over it.  

Ponch ®

Quote from: Dino on June 11, 2017, 08:03:14 PM
I've heard nothing but positive reviews so far, kinda surprising, but I guess Zach Snyder didn't direct this one. He sure made a mess of BvS! I'll go see it in a week or so, or whenever I have some time.

Never been a huge WW fan, but i may go check it out bc of  Gal Gadot.  :drool5:

I agree, BvS sucked. And im a huge Batman guy. Its like they gotta shoehorn a bunch of characters and plot devices to set up spinoffs and "DC Universe" movies.

Marvel/Disney seem to be much better at the universe building thing. And i dont even like their comics/movies that much...the Guardians movies being the exception.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Laowho

Only comic superhero movie we own is Watchmen, and Billy Cruddup don't make crap.

Mytur Binsdirti

Bobs69

Something's wrong with that picture.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Bobs69 on June 13, 2017, 09:14:39 AM
Something's wrong with that picture.

You're right, not enough cleavage.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 12, 2017, 06:46:48 PM
How about Wonder Bosom.

Sorry, but its not even close. Gal by a mile.

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

DeltaV

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

gtx6970

i saw it last weekend. And liked it  a lot. But I like the whole DC comics into movies thing so far

And BTW, Gal Gadot is smoken hot

BrianShaughnessy

I saw it a few days ago.   I was entertained and that's better than I can say of some of the other movies I've seen lately.      Gal is smokin' hot.   She was the best part of that B vs S thing last year.
I dunno why they went for WW1 instead of the original WW2 era in the comics but oh well.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.