News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 door panels to 1969 door panels

Started by xx29440charger, June 12, 2017, 11:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Will 1969 door panels go right on up to 1970 doors or is the mounting pattern different? I'm switching my 1970 door panels to 1969 and was wondering if there would be any problems. Of course I know that they look different but I'm just interested in the installment process. Thank you!

GreenMachine

I had '69 panels on my '70, seats too. It didn't look like there was any modification to the doors or panels. They did modify the rear seat mount hooks though, '69 and earlier have short hooks and '70 up have long hooks
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

JR

They should go right on, I think they are identical on the backside.

Are your old 70 door panels in good shape by chance? Will you be selling them? I'd be interested.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

70 sublime

68 doors are different from 69 / 70 door just from where the door lock button is on the top by the glass but all the lower panels will interchange as long as you are using the same crank or power window option  :2thumbs:
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Laowho

This is good--thx OP. We're trying to restore ours but doubt we can save the front top pads, and looking around seems nobody lists the 70. Had me wondering, specially about the door locks.

xx29440charger

I'm not going to sell the 70 door panels. Thank you for the responses everyone!

VegasCharger

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 13, 2017, 04:59:09 AM
68 doors are different from 69 / 70 door just from where the door lock button is on the top by the glass but all the lower panels will interchange as long as you are using the same crank or power window option  :2thumbs:

Not true. A 68 Charger lower door panel with a power window switch cutout is different than 69/70 lower door panel with a power window switch cutout. Chrysler introduced a new pw switch design for 1969 and up which has a larger perimeter than the 68s. Don't get me wrong you can easily modify either panel to fit either application. But it's not an exact fit.

So if you have a 68 panel and want to use it on a 69/70 you would simply cut out the pw switch hole out bigger. However the other way around using a 69/70 for a 68, you would have to reduce the size of the pw switch hole. Ask me how I know lol.

Just an FYI, you can use a crank style door panel on a power window car. There is a perforated line around the crank hole to punch out to use for the power window switch.

I know that this is not what the OP was looking for, but I thought I'd throw in here for info on this topic.

:cheers:

Below is a pic of a 1969 rear lower door panel back side close-up of the window crank hole area. If you look close you can see the perforated line. The pencil line is for the 68 style power window switch.

70 sublime

Will a 68 driver door power window switch plug into the 69 power window harness the same ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green