News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I can't change my avatar!!

Started by green69rt, June 11, 2017, 11:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I have a new picture that I would like to put up as my avatar.  I went to the profile and went to "profile information".  Then "I want to upload my own picture."  When I do (it's less than 200 KB) nothing changes but there's no note or error message.  Is there some secret??

dual fours

green69rt, I haven't tried to change mine to see what happens but I have to ask, did you click on "Change Profile" at the bottom right corner?
I'd think that you did or you would not have left the page.
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

green69rt

Quote from: dual fours on June 12, 2017, 12:01:13 AM
green69rt, I haven't tried to change mine to see what happens but I have to ask, did you click on "Change Profile" at the bottom right corner?
I'd think that you did or you would not have left the page.

Yeap, I clicked on  "Change profile"  It just did nothing except clear the entries I made on the avatar.  I went so far as to change the avatar to one of the standards like "440 red" clicked "change profile" and that worked.  Then I selected "I will upload my own picture:" and entered a file name and clicked on "Change profile" and it went back to the old picture which I don't even have on my computer anymore.  :shruggy:

Troy

Avatars have a physical size limit of 200x400 pixels (yes, that's 200 wide by 400 tall so it doesn't stretch the page). There's supposed to be a "feature" of the server that will resize images that are too large but I'm suspecting it may have broken with the new server and no one noticed since this is the only place it is used. Try editing your picture to be smaller than the dimensions I listed (and you may need to rename it).

By definition, when you "upload" a picture it is copied to the server so it doesn't need to exist on your computer to be visible to the world (otherwise your computer would need to be accessible to everyone in the world!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

green69rt

Quote from: Troy on June 14, 2017, 08:57:41 PM
Avatars have a physical size limit of 200x400 pixels (yes, that's 200 wide by 400 tall so it doesn't stretch the page). There's supposed to be a "feature" of the server that will resize images that are too large but I'm suspecting it may have broken with the new server and no one noticed since this is the only place it is used. Try editing your picture to be smaller than the dimensions I listed (and you may need to rename it).

By definition, when you "upload" a picture it is copied to the server so it doesn't need to exist on your computer to be visible to the world (otherwise your computer would need to be accessible to everyone in the world!).

Troy

Just logged on today and now it's changed.   :shruggy: