News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 to 70 B body power window question...

Started by DoubleDlover, June 21, 2017, 04:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleDlover

Hi. Thought id try again. Is anyone here working on there 68 to 70 B body with factory power windows and has one of there doors off??? Im trying to find out the correct size hole for the wiring boot in the door jack for the PILLER side. Not the holes on the door im ok there.  anyone have that info? thanks

ht4spd307

40mm as far as i can tell as i cant open the door fully

VegasCharger

This is the best shot and angle I could retrieve with my 68 Charger door at the fullest open position. Let's call it 1.5 inches. As ht4spd307 mentioned 40mm, 1.5" equates to 38.1 mm. So with me not being able to get a dead on straight view to eyeball the measurement, I would assume that the default measurement would be 1.5" or 40mm since those numbers are rounded measurements.

Hope that helps.

:cheers:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DoubleDlover on June 21, 2017, 04:45:40 AM
Hi. Thought id try again. Is anyone here working on there 68 to 70 B body with factory power windows and has one of there doors off??? Im trying to find out the correct size hole for the wiring boot in the door jack for the PILLER side. Not the holes on the door im ok there.  anyone have that info? thanks

Just measure the grommet/boot... :brickwall:

69 OUR/TEA

This has been asked before, this is from my car with orig power windows . Hope this is what you want .

VegasCharger

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 21, 2017, 05:01:14 PM
This has been asked before, this is from my car with orig power windows . Hope this is what you want .

Very cool bit of info 69 OUR/TEA.  :2thumbs:

I turned your photo for an easier reference.

:cheers:

DoubleDlover

Hi everyones. Thanks for the help. That really helps yes!  And measuring the boot is NOT how to do it. If you dont know the reasons why i cant help that LOL.. I do beleave theres a dimple where the hole is suppose to be. Now i can also double check that. :) nice

DAY CLONA

Quote from: DoubleDlover on June 22, 2017, 02:40:27 AM
Hi everyones. Thanks for the help. That really helps yes!  And measuring the boot is NOT how to do it. If you dont know the reasons why i cant help that LOL.. I do beleave theres a dimple where the hole is suppose to be. Now i can also double check that. :) nice

I'd beg to differ with you on that one, I measured the boots, chose the appropriate size hole to retain the wire harness boots, and installed a factory harness on my Daytona with zero issues, I've only done a dozen or so PW conversions over the last 3+ decades, so I'm still a novice I guess?...  just curious on what method your going to use to make the holes in the door pillars?...I might learn something  :scratchchin:

DoubleDlover

clona> Yes you can measure the boot and drill a hole thats smaller and it would work yes. But sometimes the factory punches out holes that are not a standard size sometimes for some odd reason. So the only real way to know for sure is from the factory hole. So yes your way will work. Harbor freight sells a hydrulic punch kit that looks like it would punch that hole nicely. So maybe that way. Unless others on here know that the factory used holes saws for sure.