News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need some advise!!

Started by snipernuts, June 18, 2017, 08:29:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snipernuts

hi guys!!  so, need some advise, anyone have mud guards on their cars?  if so, what the best ones to put on without it lookin too goofy?  any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks!

Greg
1969 SE Charger 318 (survivor)
1970 Lemans Sport Conv't
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee

Kern Dog

My advice would be to avoid them. They do look bad.

snipernuts

yeah i know, but they do sure save the rockers :)
1969 SE Charger 318 (survivor)
1970 Lemans Sport Conv't
2005 Dodge Rumble Bee

randy73

There are some nice(r) ones out there, I always like the thick molded ones. They look better than the thine ones that look like you just pulled them off a semi.

One mopar

My classes mate had some on some on a 1971 Chevelle his was black I've gone to the local Cruise in and A few cars had clear ones didn't from 5 feet away I think they were made of Lexan just think of this way how much time and $$ did you put in to fixing if u have the right ones it would be easily to take them on and off.  Noemi magnet might work? Or pins

4mayhemi

When I think mudflaps, I picture Yosemite Sam or the "mudflap girl".
If you're looking for temporary cover from roastin the tires, 3M painter's tape.
If constant tar protection - cut a shape of clear film prepackaged for a hood. Also I've bought various colors of 11x14 vinyl sheets (for emblems) at around $10, maybe the local sign shop can closely match your paint.

CDN72SE

This is not the article I remember but I think there was a guy with maybe a Cutlass who used bulldog clips to put mud flaps on; only for a temporary basis. But I did come across this:
http://justacarguy.blogspot.ca/2011/11/cool-things-i-learned-n-mopar-area-at.html
1972 Charger SE