News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took the Charger to a shop for some work. The good and the bad.

Started by RECHRGD, June 20, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

As some of you know, I live off a gravel country road and trailer the Charger to a storage facility to live during the "car season".  If minor things need attention during that time I'll take the car to a known shop to deal with it.  My Milodin high volume water pump was showing signs of imminent failure.  Being that they are made in China and this was my second failure with one of them, I opted to order a Edelbrock 8814 high volume pump (made in the USA) and have a shop that I have history with install it.  After trying their best, they informed me that the holes in the Edelbrock pump would not line up with the hole in the block.  I told them that they could minimally elongate a hole if need be.  They were hesitant to do that.  I ended up having them put the old pump on and drove back to the storage area.  I trailered the car back home today and installed the new pump with little hassle, other than running a drill though a couple of holes to clean things up.  Seemed like quite an unnecessary hassle on my part, but realize how gunshy shops can be due to liability issues these days.  To the shops credit, they did not charge me for over three hours labor.  I'll bring them some donuts........
13.53 @ 105.32

Lennard