News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to remove Epoxy Primer from my bike tank with out ruining paint job

Started by 72Charger72, June 21, 2017, 07:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Charger72

So the guy I had epoxy coat my Charger last fall apparently dripped three drops of epoxy primer on my motorcycle gas tank  :flame: which I did not notice
until just last weekend when getting the bike out. How can I remove the primer drip without ruining my paint job on the tank.  :eek2:
Thanks for any help!

alfaitalia

If you have a good coat of polish on that tank then it might not have bonded (at least at a chemical level) to the paint. You might be able to pick it off carefully with your finger nails. Will be a different story if its just bare paint where you might have to get a bit more aggressive....cutting compounds etc. :shruggy:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Dino

Drop by a body shop and ask if they can remove it. Way easier for them and won't take long.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

tsmithae

I had something similar happen. Took my car to a reputable detailing shop and they fixed it. Required a cut and polish and was spendy but it did the trick.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

72Charger72

Thanks everyone I guess to the shop it goes...I tried thumb-nailing it off last night but it didn't work.