News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cowl to Box Air Duct Repair

Started by Mopar Crazy, June 22, 2017, 04:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

The cowl to heater box air duct has a couple of rips in the material. Has anyone repaired one that had any rips? and what would be the best way to do this.

Thanks  :2thumbs:
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

gtx6970

not aware of any way to fix them.

tough piece to find nice

PlainfieldCharger

After washing the whole item in dish soap and letting dry. I taped off the fabric rubber material, glass beaded the flanges and painted natural. I put rust treatment on the rusted ribs and wiped off the excess that gets on the rubberized fabric. After the rust turned black and dryed. I used a silver paint pen to emulate the zinc coated originals. Looked pretty good.  :Twocents:

Mopar Crazy

Sounds good, but I need to repair the rubber material. There are 2 rips that I need to fix. Any ideas ??

PlainfieldCharger

I have another project and the hose in that has a tear in it. I am planning on trying this product.
https://www.flexsealproducts.com/product/flex-seal-colors/?gclid=CjwKEAjw-LLKBRCdhqmwtYmX93kSJAAORDM6vD1XqJRYkI2ZUVnQ9pQZ02h8vkkJftArTgFm9HtLZBoChWzw_wcB

Thin layer on a real clean surface. Possibly adding a fine fiberglass mesh between a layer of it. :Twocents:

BDF

Gaffer tape?  :shruggy:
You could carefully apply it on the inside of hose & repair wouldn't be very noticeable.
Tab it down on one side of tear, then work other side down from outside.

ODZKing

Quote from: BDF on June 23, 2017, 08:47:34 AM
Gaffer tape?  :shruggy:
This stuff is great. As sticky as duct tape, but not gooey. Flat black, I used it on my trunk panels on the 67. Worth the price.

BDF

I 'repaired' a Pendleton shirt (between layers) with it YEARS ago, been through wash many times. It's still holding but the edges of tears are frayed a bit. :cheers:

Mopar Crazy

Great ideas...    Thank you!   :cheers: