News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trunk fuel vent hole question...

Started by C500, June 24, 2017, 09:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hi guys,
I have a new AMD floor in. Have searched the forum, and cant find any measurements to drill the hole in the trunk floor for the '69 filler vent. Can anyone post up some measurements: hole diameter, measurement from edge of 'filler neck' hole and measurement from the small hole beside vent location.

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

70 sublime

I am just putting a new two piece AMD trunk floor in my 69 Charger

I took some pictures but hard to tell the numbers from the angle of photo
So with that said

I used the 4 small screw holes around the floor filler neck hole

Standing behind the car I put a straight edge on the two left hand side screw holes and measured over to the vent hole center I get 2 1/8 "

Next I put the straight edge on the back two screw holes I get 15/16 " to the center of vent hole which is also makes it closer to the back of the car

Hole appears to be 1 " even in diameter

Another way to look at it is the trunk pan has a rectangle raised section to accommodate the brace that goes across above the gas tank
The vent hole center is about even with the front edge of this rectangle and just to the left ( looking forward from the back of the car ) enough that it is on the flat section of the pan beside the raised rectangle

Clear as mud  :2thumbs:    
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

C500

Quote from: 70 sublime on June 25, 2017, 10:39:55 PM
I am just putting a new two piece AMD trunk floor in my 69 Charger

I took some pictures but hard to tell the numbers from the angle of photo
So with that said

I used the 4 small screw holes around the floor filler neck hole

Standing behind the car I put a straight edge on the two left hand side screw holes and measured over to the vent hole center I get 2 1/8 "

Next I put the straight edge on the back two screw holes I get 15/16 " to the center of vent hole which is also makes it closer to the back of the car

Hole appears to be 1 " even in diameter

Another way to look at it is the trunk pan has a rectangle raised section to accommodate the brace that goes across above the gas tank
The vent hole center is about even with the front edge of this rectangle and just to the left ( looking forward from the back of the car ) enough that it is on the flat section of the pan beside the raised rectangle

Clear as mud  :2thumbs:    

Not bad sublime  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."