News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

No power to car! PLEASE HELP!!!

Started by 1batt4u, June 26, 2017, 10:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1batt4u

SO here is my story, last time car cranked was in September 2016. I let the car sit entire time, I tried cranking the car during the cold winter, but battery was dying, so I left it. Red top battery, 3 years old.

Recently I removed most of the interior, except dash, but did remove gauge cluster and other components.

I charged the battery, went up to 10 volts from 6 volts. I put it in car, but no indication of power.

What in the world can it be?? Could it be something with removing the gauge cluster unit??

Please someone help!!!

BLK 68 R/T

Did you hook the amp gauge wires together? Need more than 10 volts as well.

1batt4u

No, I guess that is it.  Hopefully I can tell which ones they are.

Yea I know I need more than 10 volts, I did it more for a test.

Thank you, I'll give wires a try.

BLK 68 R/T

Should be pretty easy to tell which wires they are. Heavy gauge red and black, with eyes on the ends. That is if they have not been cut.

Dino

You put power to the car without having those cluster wires connected? That could have gone very wrong! Double and triple check all your connections, especially the bulkhead, before hooking up the battery.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lukedukem

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on June 27, 2017, 12:46:18 AM
Should be pretty easy to tell which wires they are. Heavy gauge red and black, with eyes on the ends. That is if they have not been cut.

:yesnod:
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

jlatessa

1batt4u

Ok guys, those wires helped!! Of course battery is too low to crank. I will have to charge it or jump car.

Something someone mentioned, since it has been sitting that long, I will have to put a cap full of gas into the carb. Anything else I have to do so it will crank?

BLK 68 R/T

It hasn't been sitting long enough in my opinion to need to do anything else besides the basics. Check your fluid levels, pour a little gas in the carb and give it a go.