News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Used Car Lot?

Started by Zupercharger, April 25, 2006, 10:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zupercharger

???Hi Friends! I don't know what to use as a subject headline, but I guess the one I used is okay. I was wondering if any of you have used cars outside sitting on your property? If so, why is it that it is against the law to have them there? Neighbors might complain that they are an eyesore, but I understand that they have to be either inside a building on that property, or have a lisence plate (new), on them. The license plate for tax purposes, but it still lets the car sit there all year long. If a fence blind is used, it is my understanding that they might leak oil or antifreeze onto the ground thus contaminating the soil in the neighborhood. A car cover does not work either.
     Some people's houses are an eyesore, siding falling off, needs painted, old rusty iron yard ornaments sitting around. Trees needing cut and trimed, along with the shrubry, or the lawn needing mowed, etc, are all part of a vast majority of problem property owners. Why can they just pick one guy out and not any of the surrounding area? I have at least seen something wrong with properties along the roads that might be considered "trashy".
     I have some cars on my premises but am working on getting them into a building. But even so, why should I care what my neighbors property looks like? It might 'DEVALUE' my property? I'm not planning on leaving anytime soon. The 'appearance' of their place is not harming myself. Some things might be forgiveable while old cars are not?
     I mean, if they just don't like 'junk cars' sitting around, I could just buy license plates for all my cars plus more cars, if I had that kind of money, and could have as many as 50 or more here all parked at crazy angles in the yard. I could possibly invite friends who have old parts cars or 'getting restored' cars to park them here on my place. What could anybody say then? I heard they have to be in the driveway. Farmers don't park all their stuff in the driveway!
     I don't have any problem with this yet, but have heard  of this problem in the "air". Does anybody have any thoughts about this subject? I live in the country, and there are many "junky" places within a 5 mi. radius of my home.
     Maybe there should be an amount of stuff and what kind of stuff list you can place in your yard.
     Any thoughts and opinions, good subject or bad subject, I am interested in. Let me know, and thanks!

Zupercharger...............................Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Bandit72

i think it depends what state you live in..and certain county laws and such...where i live (allen county kansas) nobody really cares....i have multiple "projects" sitting on my dads property and have never heard a word about it...but then again i suppose it depends on your neighbors too

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Charger1973

Anytime you live inside city limits you will have problems.  I really miss living in the country just for that reason.  There will always be someone who will complain even if whatever you are doing isnt bothering them.

Perfect example is my situation.  My apartment manager (who is also my boss since I am the maintenance man here) made me get rid of my Chargers.  Well I didnt get rid of them, one went in the garage and the other I hauled out to a friends house in the country...  Why?  Because he said it is bad "curb appeal".  He says that anything that is old or has rust cant be here.  I (lied) and said they both were fully functional and were in transit, because I had just bought them.  He just said get them out of here.  Well heres the kicker.  HE has a SAILBOAT in the parking lot that never moves.  Been there for years, crappy, rundown just a total junker.  Theres even a rut in the pavement where the trailer has sunk into the ground.  When I asked why it was ok for him to have a sailboat in a parking lot but I cant have cars, he just said because he is the exception.  Nice.  I decided to just drop it before I ended up looking for a new job.  

hemihead

I live in a Suburb of Pittsburgh and we have a two bit ordinance like that.But the police or anybody doesn't drive around looking for cars sitting.They wait for your neighbors to report you.And let me tell you, I am surrounded by anal retentive babyboomers who have nothing else better to do than mind everyone else's business.The worst part is that you pay for the property, pay taxes on the property, but can't do anything with the property.Your neighbors decide for you.Why don't these people perfect their own lives first before trying to beautify the world.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BigBlockSam

here in NJ, by law you can't have a car on your property if it's not licensed, insured and inspected. you can't park anything on the street over night without a resident sticker on it . NJ has way to many laws . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bigblock4speedman

I have found that for some reason, people can't stand other people's persuit of happines, especilly if it makes you happy!  Or even content!  This is still America and people should learn to mind their own buseness, but they don't, so do what you can to keep your sanity and remember, PEOPLE ARE BAD, DOGS ARE GOOD!  Me and the dogs love the yard full of old cars, so I guess the best thing to do is pray for these stupid people with no appreciation, except for what they like.  They should mind their own business and leave us alone  to pursue happiness!!!

41husk

In my town in Illinois you cant park your car in the yard.  The area must be paved, yes as of last year if you did not already have a designated gravel parking area, any area used to park vehicles must be paved.  You will get a ticket if your car is not showing valid registration and the ordinence says it must be operational.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

451-74Charger

Believe me, KY is the same....
I live within City boundries and they have a "good neighbor" ordinance that says basicly that any car must be road legal, taxed and drivable, otherwise it has to be inside an enclosed building.
Officially even changing your own oil is against the ordinance, but they tend to overlook that.
My Neighbor is always calling the city on me, he cut his lawn, i cut mine, the next day he cut his again so that it was shorter.
Some people have nothing better to do with thier time.

41husk

sounds like your neighbor needs a old fashion arse whuppin!!! :spank:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up