News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynamat questions!

Started by cavemanno1, June 29, 2017, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavemanno1

Do you guys who used dynamat covered the trunk floor as well or that's not necessary?
I'm about to order Dynamat Xtreme and was wondering if I should buy enough for the trunk floor as well!
What dynamat you guys use and where?

Thanks,

Peter

alfaitalia

I don't know what available over there but I'm using Brown Bread (its actually been rebranded under the name of B-Quiet but it will always be Brown Bread to me!). Used it in lots of cars and always transforms cabin noise. I use it pretty much everywhere...right up to the front windscreen, the complete floor, complete roof before fitting headliner, inside of the outer door skins, trunk floor. And on suitable cars (not a 69 Charger!..but models with full trunk lining) I do the trunk sides and the under side of the trunk lid. Basically anywhere that can either transfer noise to the interior ..say from the motor or tyre noise, or drum...so that's trunk or inside doors ...it also dulls down NHV from polyurethane suspension joints or hard shocks/stiff springs.

Unlike other brands I've tried BB seems to have a little more stretch...so less cutting and patching around the curved areas or sharp corners. Very sticky though..so make sure you position it right first time!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

cavemanno1

I'm actually here in the Uk just like you although my car is in Hungary where I'm from.Buying the Dynamat from ebay.uk!
Thanks for your answer!