News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images

Started by cdr, June 30, 2017, 07:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfaitalia

Must have one hell of a tongue weight with the wheels that far back...lol!
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JR

"In some cases no, but in many cases yes. Take this gem on ebay right now for example....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Dodge-Charger-/311921217937?hash=item489ff41191:g:YJEAAOSw4dxZcimY&vxp=mtr

This car is a complete rust bucket with some of the bad sheetmetal removed and some AMD sheetmetal barely tacked in place to make it look less hideous than is really is. It's obvious that this guy doesn't have the skill (and most likely money)  to finish the job and properly do what he did. Obviously, he's already invested quite a bit of money in sheetmetal, a radiator and other stuff, but what he's really got is an overpriced barely polished turd. Of course the seller is delusional with his asking price, but it most likely will get sold at some point, most likely to someone else who doesn't know what they are looking at or what they are in for. *

That car appears to have been bought by a dealer, and "polished" up for a quick profit. Yeah, the price is optimistic,  and dealers ruin the hobby for everyone,  but thats a bold prediction to claim to know the skill level of every single person that buys a project car.  Maybe the buyer has experience with body repair, maybe hes clueless. Either way, its his car/time/money, so its none of my business. If it makes him happy to save one, thats great. If he screws it up, so what? You would have sent it to the crusher anyway, and the money he spent on the project benefitted some local small businesses.

So, the buyer gets the experience of building his dream car, a future buyer gets a chance to own his dreamcar that would have otherwise been crushed,  and you get a future candidate to pick apart in a future thread for having mismatched air in the tires and improperly dated farts in the seat cushions. Everyone wins!

"Cheering people on when they are buying junk does not do them any good, especially when you know nothing about them or their skill levels".  

Thats funny,  crapping on every thread because you dont know how to do bodywork and assume no one else can either does the board no good.

In your opinion, are these vehicles below  candidates for restoration or are they just junk?

Those particular beetles are post 68 models, so financially speaking,  they arent worth restoring.  Now, if a builder wanted to restore them for his own enjoyment, or personal reasons, sure, then they are worth it. Who am I to judge? The builder has fun, and more classic cars end up on the road. Its a win-win.

"And since you are so smart, how about using the same analogy on something different than a car. Let's hear your opinion whether the house below is worth "restoring" or not?"

That first house is a movie prop, built purposely to look distressed . :icon_smile_big: Thats from Steven Kings remake of "It" I believe.

Im getting the impression your main interest is money. All your points go back to wasting money, or cars being a money pit, or spending money to restore them. If so, have fun with that. This seems like the wrong hobby if preserving money is your main motivator.

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Nacho-RT74

Mytur, you are not getting it... you can say whatever you want, as I told opinions are welcomed but everybody deserves RESPECT through the opinions posted.

Never said who buys a restored or perfect unrestored car deserves less respect ( i.e. the great 68 you got ), but get the courage to restore one rust bucket deserves admiration and no less respect, even more. Hats off to those who try it!

Let's begin to set all we deserve the same respect borderline, which is the base for it! Then those who get the courage, get a plus on that! But never below the borderline!

Quote from: JR on July 22, 2017, 10:39:28 AM

Those particular beetles are post 68 models, so financially speaking,  they arent worth restoring.  Now, if a builder wanted to restore them for his own enjoyment, or personal reasons, sure, then they are worth it. Who am I to judge? The builder has fun, and more classic cars end up on the road. Its a win-win.

By the front fender shape I'd say the first one seems to be pre 68... sure one of the lates 60s, but still pre 68
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

alfaitalia

Test pic....of one of my other toys!

alfaitalia

It only bloody well worked....its a miracle. First time I've got one to work without using an outside host!!

hemi-hampton

"That first house is a movie prop, built purposely to look distressed . icon_smile_big Thats from Steven Kings remake of "It" I believe"

That House is no Stephen King Movie Prop. It's a real House in the Brush Park Neighborhood of Detroit. I know because I live nearby & drove through that Neighborhood 1,000 times. LEON.

JR

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 06, 2017, 08:59:20 AM
"That first house is a movie prop, built purposely to look distressed . icon_smile_big Thats from Steven Kings remake of "It" I believe"

That House is no Stephen King Movie Prop. It's a real House in the Brush Park Neighborhood of Detroit. I know because I live nearby & drove through that Neighborhood 1,000 times. LEON.

My fault. I was going from memory and confused it with the movie prop. Here is the "IT" house I thought it was. You got me there.  :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

AKcharger

OK I'll self identify as one of the idiots that can't figure out how to use paint pait to resize my photos under 200K. I've tried multiple times and I shrink size...check propertys , darn no still 1.2 meg, shrink again, check propertys...darn still 1meg. Repeat 5x and best I get is a tiny picture at 400K still will not fit

Can someone please walk me though it  :-\

lukedukem

Quote from: AKcharger on August 07, 2017, 08:29:04 AM
OK I'll self identify as one of the idiots that can't figure out how to use paint pait to resize my photos under 200K. I've tried multiple times and I shrink size...check propertys , darn no still 1.2 meg, shrink again, check propertys...darn still 1meg. Repeat 5x and best I get is a tiny picture at 400K still will not fit

Have you tried looking into this thread. it doesn't use paint though.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,80380.0.html

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Troy

Quote from: AKcharger on August 07, 2017, 08:29:04 AM

I use IrfanView: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm

You can set parameters and it will bulk resize/rename entire folders for you. But, they key a lot of time for size is the "quality" setting. I have found that making the image size 1024 (widest dimension) at 80% quality almost always comes in under 200 kb. However, the size limit is now 400 kb so even 100% quality would be ok. I don't know if MS Paint has a quality setting.

For more powerful editng I use Paint.net: http://download.cnet.com/Paint-NET/3000-2192_4-10338146.html

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

alfaitalia

Although I now use ImgBB to host my pics I did find it easy to resize them down below 400k. Just right click on your photo click edit then click resize. My phone camera takes 8meg pics.....so if I choose 25% as the resize parameters then they finish up about 300 to 390 k...perfect. The resize is the easy part...it's the rename, reject, rename again reject and so on that made me go to a host. Four clicks and twenty pics posted in a single post. Just hope ImgBB don't go the way Photobucket did!

AKcharger

Copy guys...that one link should do the trick, thanks guys!

69white hat

Testing to see if I can post a pic. Here's my new 512 stroker I'm building. Well, having built

69white hat