News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dakota digital gauges - recommendations?

Started by Jimmy01, July 01, 2017, 02:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Quote from: Kern Dog on July 11, 2017, 08:01:46 PM
My gas gauge is not a whole lot better than before.  It hangs a bit between 1/4 and 3/4 but drops fast when I get below 1/4 tank.
Sort of  funny to me: The Wife's 2003 Honda has a real crappy gauge. It slowly moves from full to just below half, fooling you into thinking you have been getting really great mileage....THEN it drops like bikini tops at Spring Break from 1/2 to empty.

Well dang, I was hoping that the DD dash and sender would solve the problem.

Derwud

Quote from: green69rt on July 12, 2017, 07:33:43 AM
My gas gauge is not a whole lot better than before.  It hangs a bit between 1/4 and 3/4 but drops fast when I get below 1/4 tank.
Sort of  funny to me: The Wife's 2003 Honda has a real crappy gauge. It slowly moves from full to just below half, fooling you into thinking you have been getting really great mileage....THEN it drops like bikini tops at Spring Break from 1/2 to empty.

This will always be an issue, regardless. The sender is usually the issue.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

comet_666

Quote from: Derwud on July 12, 2017, 07:53:07 AM

:iagree:

green69rt

So, even using the DD sender doesn't fix the problem?  I really wish someone would come up with a replacement.  A few years back someone was going to make repros but it fell through.

cdr

I put a Tanks Inc  sender & tank with electric fuel pump & it reads correct with my factory cluster, the other sender I had was wrong
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Kern Dog

Quote from: green69rt on July 13, 2017, 08:24:46 AM

So, even using the DD sender doesn't fix the problem?  I really wish someone would come up with a replacement.  A few years back someone was going to make repros but it fell through.
[/quote]

The new gauges did not come with a sending unit. The "Year One" unit I have is still in there.

Derwud

Quote from: green69rt on July 13, 2017, 08:24:46 AM

Newer cars work better because they don't have the arm.. But even they can read strangely.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

frank1966

I put one in, ITS  it worth the money. I also installed a Ron Francis wiring box. I gutted everything, I rather spend the money than risk a car fire. I found so many burnt and busted up connectors.