News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

extreme heat inside the car

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, July 02, 2017, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

hey guys ive had this problem since i got the car back in 2001. when i drive the car its almost like the heat is on full blast blowing on my feet its so hot on my side of the car. ive titanium wrapped the header. my a/f is fine so its not crazy lean (i have a wideband) i thought i saw someone post some sort of shutoff valve for the heater core. so im sure that would help. i also bought a box of extreme dynomat. i figure im going to pull the seats,console, and carpet and go up the firewall as far as i can then start covering the floor.

anyone have any suggestions to help remedy this? someday i wanna do the vintage air but with the way the car is im afraid it wont make enough if a difference to get enough out of the a/c to cool the car properly with how dam hot it gets in there.

oh the car never gets past 190 on the aftermarket guage.

cdr

how is your ign timing set up ? ign timing set late can make the headers ,exhaust run very hot.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Brightyellow69rtse

dont remember off the top of my head. i set the motor up 5 years or so ago haha. it dosent get driven much.

ACUDANUT

XH29N0G

Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....