News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who has got the best price for a 1969 Charger rear seat cover?

Started by xx29440charger, July 08, 2017, 08:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xx29440charger

Bronzedodge

I don't know the answer to your question, but Legendary has a 9 week lead time for colors.  I was hoping to combine the 4th of July sale with delivery to Carlisle but no dice.   ::)
Mopar forever!

xx29440charger

igozumn

Quote from: Bronzedodge on July 08, 2017, 12:33:30 PM
I don't know the answer to your question, but Legendary has a 9 week lead time for colors.  I was hoping to combine the 4th of July sale with delivery to Carlisle but no dice.   ::)

Yep. Ordered my rear saddle cover and install kit the other day. 8-10 weeks is what the confirmation email said thanking me for the order.

Side note: cover sales price back in January was $204. $214 in December. And $228 around November.  I badly need front door panels, but decided to wait until Christmas to see if awesome pricing returns.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

igozumn

Rear cover showed up today.  Hope to get it on this weekend, but not sure I can get it finished or not. 3 day weekend, so there's a chance. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

randy73

Legendary is the way to go, they might cost a little more, but their work is great for car covers.

moparnut

Bronzedodge

Quote from: igozumn on July 10, 2017, 06:19:39 PM

Yep. Ordered my rear saddle cover and install kit the other day. 8-10 weeks is what the confirmation email said thanking me for the order.

You bought just a rear?  How well does it match the front?
Mopar forever!

igozumn

Well, seeing as how I have a green '69 driver seat with duct tape and a bed sheet and a HPAC meet shirt covering it and a blue '68 passenger side that's been "dyed" black and the rest of the saddle stuff is either faded or near junk condition, it should match pretty well, LOL. Might get the bottom started tomorrow, might not.  3 or 4 blisters from taking all the hog rings out of the old seat assemblies.  I couldn't justify the expense of the front leather covers and everything needed for installation at this time.  Going to wait and maybe see about the Christmas/New Year's sales.  Maybe.

igozumn

A little wrinkly on the drivers side back.  Not sure what I could have done better to combat that.  Once you get that far, you'd have to tear most of it back down to add in more cotton on the back, and it was already tight with the 3 layers.  Don't know if the end pieces on that side were cut just a hair bigger or what.  But, for my first time.....

I finally have a saddle back seat!!!   :yesnod:

igozumn

:drool5:   (and yes, I know the belts are in the wrong spot.....)

Petebell68

The covers are hard to do . You did a good job any way to pull tighter let them sit in sun maybe ?

igozumn

It looks worse in the pictures than it actually is.  Mainly, just the driver side upper back.  I don't know if I pulled/rolled the cotton/muslin over the side too much and that's why it didn't fill out correctly, or what.  Top to bottom, I don't think I could have gotten another layer of cotton (put 3 in...) and still got the cover on.  The seam in the middle of the top back is just barely at the top edge, where it is supposed to be.  It was more on the front plane, than the top when I first got the cover on.  The seat back springs seemed a little too compressed in order to get the cover attached, but after working it a bit, that middle seam is about where it needs to be.  Got a show this weekend, so it'll be outside most of 2 days.  Sure looks better than it did. 

lukedukem

Quote from: moparnut on September 02, 2017, 05:43:25 AM
Got mine from legendary, nice but the buttons fall off.

Damn, they're still doing that? My fronts fell off but they are old. Sucks that they are not addressing the issue.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Lennard

Quote from: lukedukem on September 13, 2017, 06:28:47 AM
Quote from: moparnut on September 02, 2017, 05:43:25 AM
Got mine from legendary, nice but the buttons fall off.

Damn, they're still doing that? My fronts fell off but they are old. Sucks that they are not addressing the issue.

Luke
I don't get that either.  Supposedly they are hand made here in the USA.  How come there is no improvement since the first buttons came off 15 or more years ago?