News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some people are just so special

Started by RECHRGD, July 08, 2017, 03:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

In the express line a a local home improvement store today there was a woman ahead of me with more than the advised "about 12 items", about twice that I guess.  I see that all the time these days and though it ticks me off, I just let it pass.  The express lane sign also clearly stated "no checks".  Of course, after the sale was totaled, she fumbled through her purse, found her checkbook and took a few minutes to fill it out.  Then the cashier had to call someone to approve her check.  I could have gone through a regular line twice in the time it was taking me to navigate the express lane.  Never once did the cashier mention to her the error of her ways.  I finally asked this woman if she knew how to read while pointing to the sign.  She just gave me a snarky look and walked off.  I wish the cashier could have just voided the sale and sent her to a proper line.  My rant for the day....
13.53 @ 105.32

JB400

I think the cashiers like it when I pay in cash.  Don't have to sit there waiting for someone to remember their pin number, or swipe their card several times just to get the stupid thing rejected.

68X426

Quote from: RECHRGD on July 08, 2017, 03:44:46 PM
  She just gave me a snarky look and walked off.  I wish the cashier could have just voided the sale and sent her to a proper line.  My rant for the day....

I can't agree more.  Yes these people are special.

Sad reality: If the cashier did that the store would be sued for discrimination.  Discrimination against stupid people (they have rights you know). :icon_smile_dissapprove:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

alfaitalia

Quote from: JB400 on July 08, 2017, 05:05:16 PM
I think the cashiers like it when I pay in cash.  Don't have to sit there waiting for someone to remember their pin number, or swipe their card several times just to get the stupid thing rejected.

Pin numbers and swipe card???....is it 1985 in your part of the US?...not got Apple pay or contactless cards over there yet! lol! 99 % of shops don't even take cheques any more in the UK. :2thumbs:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

LaOtto70Charger

Many stores here are just starting to get chips in the cards, and many restaurants still have people walking to the back of the place to swipe the card.

ws23rt

Cash still works for me. It is very fast and easy for now.

I was in a "fast" lane recently where the guy getting checked out got a phone call.- He wandered out of the lane to chat. The total was ready and I had to walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder. He swatted at me like I was a mosquito. :brickwall:

Kern Dog

Some people need a kick to the dick. Others need a punch to the gunt.

John_Kunkel

People like the OP described are the reason they made murder a crime.  :2guns:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Dino

Quote from: alfaitalia on July 08, 2017, 05:55:05 PM
Quote from: JB400 on July 08, 2017, 05:05:16 PM

Pin numbers and swipe card???....is it 1985 in your part of the US?...not got Apple pay or contactless cards over there yet! lol! 99 % of shops don't even take cheques any more in the UK. :2thumbs:

They can be a bit slow here. I'm lucky to find 5 stores where I can use my new card with chip.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.