News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unisteer and borgeson power steer pump help

Started by dodgey68, July 10, 2017, 05:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

ok , i currently have a uni-steer r&p kit on my b-body mopar, 68 charger, ,, im not happy with it, it chews up front tyres and bump steer is a bit scarey when at speed limit,  , i just got hold of a borgeson steering box of a b-body mopar with lines and steering  coupler, , my question is can i use  the unisteer low flow -low pressure ps pump already  on the car or do  use  the  old saginaw original 68ps  pump, I have red a lot of info but cannot seem to find the wright info, ps pressure of pumps vs pressure needed to run borgeson steer box ,  can any one help,, thank you
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

c00nhunterjoe

What is the current pump on the car putting out for pressure? Factory pumps could be anywhere from 900 to 1500 psi depending on the year and engine. I lowered the pressure on my saginaw pump down to 750 psi and loved the feel on a factory box.

dodgey68

the pump on the car at present is the unisteer rack & pinion kit pump
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.